Noobie question about actions

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

acctingman

Noobie question about actions

Post by acctingman »

So, let's say I have a US Infantry platoon on the table. 3 Rifle squads, a BAR team and let's say a bazooka team. I draw a Big Man 3. He can give that platoon 3 actions.

action #1......1st squad advances up
action #2.....2nd squad advances up
action #3....BAR team lays down covering fire up ahead

Do I have the basic understanding down?

Also, where in the rules does it state how many actions a platoon/team gets when their card is drawn?
Archdukek

Re: Noobie question about actions

Post by Archdukek »

You've got the basic idea, but the wrong terminology. A Big Man doesn't give the platoon 3 "actions", what he can do is use one of his Command Initiatives to activate a section or weapons team within the platoon. That section or team can then carry out a number of "actions" depending on its quality and number of men in the section as set out in the table on Unit Actions on page 18. They can then carry out the actions listed on page 19.

Section 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 cover what happens when a platoon card is drawn. In that case all or the sections or weapon teams not yet activated by a Big Man are activated. They then have the same number of actions as they would have had if activated by a Big Man as set out in the same Unit Actions table on page 18.

Note that the table on page 18 is a generic one. Individual nationalities have their own Unit Actions table later in the rules or in supplements.

John
acctingman

Re: Noobie question about actions

Post by acctingman »

Thank you John

Playing my first game (solo) this week and I'm just making sure I have the basics down.