Blinds...."for dummies"

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

acctingman

Blinds...."for dummies"

Post by acctingman » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:47 pm

So, I'm reading through the rules and I want to make sure I understand blinds.

In my bag I have all my markers (chits) for each side.... Big Man, Squad, etc....and 1 Blind marker for each side, right?

So, when the game starts there isn't anything on the table, correct?

The first marker is pulled and lets say it's German Squad. What exactly goes on the table then?...not the actual squad, but a "hidden" marker?

What happens when the "blind" marker is pulled from the bag?

Everything else in the game makes sense, but for some reason I cannot wrap my head around how everything works in the beginning as to blinds, what's deployed when a "blind" marker is pulled.

Thanks

Archdukek

Re: Blinds...."for dummies"

Post by Archdukek » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:44 pm

You don't start the game with the unit or Big Men markers/chits in the bag. They only go in when the unit/Big Man is deployed on table having been spotted or voluntarily deployed when firing or on Tea Break.

The only thing on the table at the start will be the various Blinds for the attackers, basically one per platoon, and any defenders blinds for units they intend to move or which start in the open.. Most other defending units will be hidden in terrain and not placed on the table.

In the deck/bag you will have a Blinds card/chit for each side and the Tea Break Card(s) though I usually leave out Tea Break cards until something is deployed. When the Blinds card/chit is pulled from the bag all of the Blinds on that side may be moved and attempt to spot. Once an enemy unit is spotted you may want to deploy some of the units under the Blinds to open fire. Their card/chit will then be put into the deck/bag for next turn.

John

acctingman

Post by acctingman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:39 am

Thanks John

That helps explain a lot. I need to get a game going to full grasp everything.

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:33 pm

Happy to help.
Once you've played the game the mechanics are straightforward and work very well., but initially they can take a little effort to get your head around if you are used to other rules.

John