Information on Blitzkrieg for IABSM

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Dragoon

Information on Blitzkrieg for IABSM

Post by Dragoon » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:08 am

I know the game is company level and I’ve read Mike Whittaker’s post “IABSM Basics.
What I’m looking for is the Orbat of British and German battalions with supports.

As this is for a solo game I will have a card pack for each company, working on the principle that if it works now don’t mess it up.

The layers that I can see is the HQ Company and the Staff and the command chain to each company.
I can see the CO a Lt. Colonel and the Adjutant a Major and the organic platoons who are I would assume AT Platoon, MG Platoon Mortar Platoon, Engineer Platoon, also communications and supply.
No idea why should be there or behind the “lines“ where ever that would be.

Also there would be a link upwards to Brigade with a card pack and/or a Chance pack sending orders from Brigade to make a mess of any well coordinated plans.

Truscott Trotter

Re: Information on Blitzkrieg for IABSM

Post by Truscott Trotter » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:52 am

Archdukek

Re: Information on Blitzkrieg for IABSM

Post by Archdukek » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:45 pm

Presumably you have checked out the Blitzkreig in the West Handbooks for Germany and the BEF published by TFL which indicate the kind of support which might be available from higher levels to companies in IABSM.

Sounds like you might also be interested in the postings on here and Lard Island News about “O Group” the WW2 battalion level rules written by Dave Brown and due to be published by Reiswittz Press shortly.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/general ... group-f33/

John