Bailing Out

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

CharlesKing1724

Bailing Out

Post by CharlesKing1724 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:22 am

I have a question about Bailing Out, not a big deal but interested in how others play it.

The 'Section Move' card states "Aircraft that must test for engine failure and pilots bailing out etc will do so when the section move is played."

However the Bailing Out rule (13.3) says "Characters and Aces may attempt to bail out on the turn of their card, all other pilots....must wait for the Bail Out card to be turned before making their attempt".

Is there a correct version? If not, how do you play it? I am tempted to give the pilots an extra opportunity with their Section Card but don't want to spoil the balance of the game, especially in a campaign scenario.

Also I am finalising my home made cards and will include the chosen instruction on the text.

Thanks,
Charles

Archdukek

Re: Bailing Out

Post by Archdukek » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:17 pm

Hi Charles,
We have always followed the specific rules for Bailing Out in 13.3 and ignore the wording under the Section Move card on page 9.

I doubt that including the additional option of bailing out on the section move card will upset the game balance to any great degree. It may help your favourite pilots to survive a little longer.

John

CharlesKing1724

Re: Bailing Out

Post by CharlesKing1724 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:58 am

Thanks John
I will stick with your suggestion, it adds a bit of tension to see if the pilot manages to get out.
I have tried to attach a picture of the cards I have designed, but unfortunately I get a message that the 'board attachment quota has been reached'. I have cut down the size of the image but can't get any further, so you will miss out on that particular delight.
Charles