Tactical and FOO questions

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

abikapi2

Tactical and FOO questions

Post by abikapi2 »

Hi,

I need to clear a couple of questions:

Mortars and artillery reduce one cover level of the target unit, do they reduce also tactical stance cover?

Is possible to target artillery forward observer, if yes how can I target him?

Thank You
Stefano

Contrarius

Re: Tactical and FOO questions

Post by Contrarius »

In the standard rules if the FOO can see it can also be seen, and therefore targetted. If you're playing optional rules then I believe the minimum sighting distance of men hiding in (without shooting from) buildings is 18 inches.

In real life suspected observation points, like church belfries, would be targetted by speculative fire but I don't know how this might work in the rules.

Seret

Post by Seret »

Yes, effects which either increase or reduce cover can cancel each other out. So troops in light cover targeted by mortars will count as in the open for the first phase. In subsequent phases they count as pinned so go back up to light cover.

abikapi2

Post by abikapi2 »

OK, but troop pinned by mortar barrage in open are tactical, but is tactical reduced back to open by the mortar "reduce cover" characteristic?
Or is tactical, something different by cover (walls, fences...) that effectively reduces effect of fire (laying prone and sparse is better than standing up)?

Thank You
Stefano

OldNick

Post by OldNick »

As Seret said, ‘effects which either increase or decrease cover...’. Being tactical is one of those effects, so it is affected like any other.