Chain of Command FAQ and Errata Now Available

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

richard
Site Admin

Chain of Command FAQ and Errata Now Available

Post by richard »

Afternoon boys and girls. I am very pleased to say that the Chain of Command Errata and FAQ is now available on Lard Island News. We have taken the same liberal approach as we did with Sharp Practice and tried to include all of the questions asked, or at least as many as we could find.

Anyway. You can find it here: http://toofatlardies.co.uk/blog/?p=7135

Cheers

Rich
Rich H

Re: Chain of Command FAQ and Errata Now Available

Post by Rich H »

Thanks!

One small niggle... IS-2 has a bow MG.
It's in a fixed forward position over the RH fender and fired by the driver
Emilio

Post by Emilio »

Many thanks for this!

But I have to say that now I need a clarification sheet for the Errata sheet!

For instance about rifle granades:
-No Team or Squad may fire more rifle grenades in a Phase than the number of men equipped to fire them

How do I know how many men are equipped to fire rifle granades?

-The total number of rifle grenades a Leader may order used in a game is equal to his Command Initiative level. So, a Junior Leader may have just two grenades, a senior Leader three.

So, a junior leader could order a team to fire two rifle grenades, and that is all for the rest of the game. But then a senior leader could order the same team to fire three rifle grenades?

And the panzerfaust bit. In a pint sized campaign I read that a panzerfaust needs an order fron a leader to be fired, like a hand grenade. But in the FAQ sheet it seems to say that an order to shoot a panzerfaust is only against infantry, and in this case it must be a senior leader the guy that gives the order. Frankly, the wording of this bit "Other than when used against vehicles, Section anti-tank weapons may only be used when an individual man is commanded by a Leader using a Command
Initiative (see Section 4.5.3, Commands Which are Not Activations). For a non vehicle target this must be a Senior Leader." is a bit strange to me (may be is a language issue, as english is not my mother language. But is not redundant to mention a leader two times, and then to say that must be a senior leader?
I usually believed that an order from a leader was always needed to shot a PZ, like hand grenades.
Captain W Martin

Post by Captain W Martin »

haha....

I feel sorry for games designers....

I must say some of those questions are very astute and well written ;)

Great work Rich that's really welcome and well done.
Big Bob

Post by Big Bob »

Brilliant! Can this be a sticky please?
Captain W Martin

Post by Captain W Martin »

Yes yes!
powermonger

Post by powermonger »

Very nice and most welcomed addition!!
Congrats. We were waiting for such a thing for ages.

Regards,
Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

An excellent resource, many thanks Rich and TT for all your hard work.

John
Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Emilio wrote:Many thanks for this!

But I have to say that now I need a clarification sheet for the Errata sheet!

For instance about rifle granades:
-No Team or Squad may fire more rifle grenades in a Phase than the number of men equipped to fire them

How do I know how many men are equipped to fire rifle granades?

-The total number of rifle grenades a Leader may order used in a game is equal to his Command Initiative level. So, a Junior Leader may have just two grenades, a senior Leader three.

So, a junior leader could order a team to fire two rifle grenades, and that is all for the rest of the game. But then a senior leader could order the same team to fire three rifle grenades?

And the panzerfaust bit. In a pint sized campaign I read that a panzerfaust needs an order fron a leader to be fired, like a hand grenade. But in the FAQ sheet it seems to say that an order to shoot a panzerfaust is only against infantry, and in this case it must be a senior leader the guy that gives the order. Frankly, the wording of this bit "Other than when used against vehicles, Section anti-tank weapons may only be used when an individual man is commanded by a Leader using a Command
Initiative (see Section 4.5.3, Commands Which are Not Activations). For a non vehicle target this must be a Senior Leader." is a bit strange to me (may be is a language issue, as english is not my mother language. But is not redundant to mention a leader two times, and then to say that must be a senior leader?
I usually believed that an order from a leader was always needed to shot a PZ, like hand grenades.
I admit I had the same question on review re the grenades so I can assume it is the total number per game and as it is limited by leader I guess you could concentrate all your CI in one team to throw a number of grenades over successive phases but then leaving the rest without supplies. I like the idea of a limit on grenades but now I have to buy grenade markers from Litko!

With regards to the section AT weapons I think it is clear in the main rules and FAQ - you can fire at vehicles with a normal activation or ambush but if using it against Infantry etc you need an SL to order them to do it. I think the main rules would generally override a pint sized campaign rule. Each PSC is a stand alone where rules and lists are often tweaked for that historical situation.
Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Rich H wrote:Thanks!

One small niggle... IS-2 has a bow MG.
It's in a fixed forward position over the RH fender and fired by the driver
Actually Rich mea culpa there I sent that to Rich then later did more research and found there were indeed two models of IS-2 one without MG and then one with - which was more common later version perhaps?
I then failed to add this in - as I am not sure a single MG will change the support list level on this beast I guess people can play it either way.