Transfer and Wiped Out

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

MarcusColenious

Transfer and Wiped Out

Post by MarcusColenious »

I have a question about what happends when you transfer men from one team to another.

Situation. A very shot up German unit with 2 teams. Team A: LMG team has 2 crew remaining and Jr. Leader. Team B: has only 2 rifles remaining and 2 shock. Jr. Leader is activated and order the two surviving rifles from Team B to Transfer to Team A.
  • Question 1: What happens to the shock from Team B, there is nothing in the rules that I have seen to cover this? If Team B had had 6 members, and 2 men are transferred, the remaining shock would have stayed with Team B.
  • Question 2: Would the German player have to roll for a Wiped Out team for morale? As the two teams are now 1 section, I would think that no roll for Wiped Out would happen as all their eggs are now tied up in the section.
Comments welcome.

Marcus
7dot62mm

Re: Transfer and Wiped Out

Post by 7dot62mm »

I haven't checked the rules/FAQ this time but here are my takes:

1. You now have one squad composed of 1 team with 2 shock, i.e. the shock is transferred to the other team with the last man transferring.

2. No force morale rolls. But once the remaining squad has been wiped out, for for the loss/rout of an entire squad, not a team.
Peter

Post by Peter »

But once consolidated like that, you should probably consider it a squad (activated on a 2) and no longer a team (activated on a 1).
Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

When the rifle team is merged into the LMG team the Shock goes with them, just as in the situation where an ad hoc team rejoins its parent section.

The rifle team has not been Wiped Out by the enemy so no BTH test is needed.

Contrary to Peter’s answer, the squad ceases to exist, it is now a single team and therefore cannot be activated on a ‘2’.

John
sackatatties

Post by sackatatties »

John is correct. These questions have been asked & answered previously but are not in the FAQ yet.