Routed troops in a campaign

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

mgluteus

Routed troops in a campaign

Post by mgluteus »

If you withdraw from the battle either forced or planned how does one handle the routers in calculating the result and how they affect the next game? for instance if I have 6 killed and 6 routed, do I count those as 12 dead for the calculating how many lost vs the enemy but only the 6 killed for the spread of wd, dead, come back immediately? or the 12? or what. do any of the routers comeback assuming they all made it off through a jOP?
Thanks
Archdukek

Re: Routed troops in a campaign

Post by Archdukek »

Troops who break and rout off table or withdraw voluntarily will be available to fight immediately in the next game. They do not count as casualties, they’ve suffered a temporary loss of nerve but will come back to fight once they have recovered from that shock.

John
Munin

Re: Routed troops in a campaign

Post by Munin »

Yeah, the only time you need to worry is actually from troops who are still on the table and too far away (or blocked by intervening enemy troops) from a JOP, at which there is a chance they could be captured. I have played games where I had to take phases to actually move my troops back such that they could safely withdraw.