US airborne campaign

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Marshall

US airborne campaign

Post by Marshall »

Hello

I'm new in to CoC, I've got a vast German heer force and my mate has a limited US airborne force.

I was wondering if any of the pint sized compaigns involve US airborne?

I like the look and structure of them and figured it would be a good start.

Ta
Marsh
Ivan Zaitzev

Re: US airborne campaign

Post by Ivan Zaitzev »

There are two unofficial ones that I know of:

Rendezvous with Destiny - Battle of Carentan
https://www.wargamevault.com/product/27 ... f-Carentan

All American - Battle at La Fière
https://www.wargamevault.com/product/29 ... _purchased
siggian

Post by siggian »

There's also nothing stopping you from going unhistorical and subbing in the Airborne for another allied force in any of the other campaigns. You'll have to do a little work with the CoCulator to balance things out a bit, though.

You could also invest in the At the Sharp End supplement, which is a great resource for creating and running your own campaign.
donglewwe

Post by donglewwe »

All American - Battle at La Fière
...and it's neighbor to the North:
Marshall

Post by Marshall »

Great, thanks for this

I've picked up the airborne vs heer one

I just need to buy a couple of Renault R35's now!

Would I get away with a grey Panzer III G if it's In the training battalion/replacement battalion? I know they were all painted yellow after 43. My only panzer III's are set up for ostfront 42 army group centre.

Ta
Marsh
Last edited by Marshall on Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Yeah I stuggled with those , used a panzer III and borrowed a French H-39. I also found they were the German weak point - zooka bait.
The only games I won as the German were where I left the tanks off table or at most brought one on later in the game for some long distance HE support.
Marshall

Post by Marshall »

I'm quite new to this but I was thinking great I get the lions share of support points. Then saw I have to spend it on terrible tanks.

I have spent the evening reading about early war French tanks which has been nice. One of the bonus's of this I suppose.
Will3T

Post by Will3T »

Against the lightly armed American Paratroop and Glider forces those old little tanks got a second life! Just like any armor though they must be protected from enemy infantry attacks. In our playthrough the few times the tanks were done in was when they went off on their lonesome. I'd recommend letting the infantry go in first to sniff out the Allied positions and then bring the tanks in to deliver some HE fire from afar.

Regarding the Panzer III the color is only as big a deal as you want it to be. You can easily sub the R35 or H39 for another similarly sized tank in your collection as long as everyone knows whats' what. Good luck!
poiter50

Post by poiter50 »

You can always use US Paras as regular Glider infantry, their equipment was similar and the weaponry perhaps better. I've almost finished reading Airborne where they fought side by side at times.
lebedo

Post by lebedo »

A less known subject are the battles fought by the paratroopers in southern France. Lot of small scale battles.