Italian uniforms in Tunisia

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

WolfLaw

Italian uniforms in Tunisia

Post by WolfLaw »

Hey!

I'm making my first foray into historical wargaming after a lifetime of fantasy and sci-fi, and I've coaxed two of my gaming buddies to indulge me. Since I'm interested in fascist Italy and my buddy wants some Americans, we've settled on the Tunisian theatre. I'm the one with the history interest, my friends being a little more laid back on it, so it's not crucial that everything is completely authentic or anything, but:

I'm ordering some models tomorrow from Perry Miniatures, and they've got two ranges: Steel and tropical helmets. Am I correct in assuming I can mix and match helmet types to my heart's content for Tunisia 1943? It's a little tricky finding photos of Italian soldiers in combat gear online, as most seem to be of POW's...

Truscott Trotter

Re: Italian uniforms in Tunisia

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Ha I suspect by 1941 Sun Helmets were not used near frontlines. They are helmets in name only. They do look cool tho. Also I doubt units would mix both, would be one or the other. There are of course Bersag feathers on normal helmets and I beleive some Fascist militia had soft caps.

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Have you had a look here?
https://comandosupremo.com/axis-forces- ... -1943-oob/
Reckon you will need some prickly pear! :lol:

Munin

Post by Munin »

Sun-hats: optional
Mustachios: mandatory