---------------------------------------------
Truscott Trotter

Re: Vehicle Flame Throwers

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Or directly from Chris
poiter50

Post by poiter50 »

Wargames Vault - WWII East Front Bundle. He sometimes has it as a special so you may wan to watch for their Daily Specials.
Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Get it direct from Chris its only $2!
https://payhip.com/b/diRz
MLB

Post by MLB »

Thanks. I think I can stretch to $2. That said, I want to go where Chris lives and pints are $2.

Makes me hark back to my student days, when pints were 25p. Four pints for a quid. Hard to imagine.
The Tactical Painter
Painting little soldiers for tactical battles on the table top
poiter50

Post by poiter50 »

I think PSC is the tag I gave the Campaign but well worth what you pay although I find the support system a difficult one compared to later ones, particularly NWE.
Greuthungi

Post by Greuthungi »

Peter wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:00 pm I'm not sure vehicle flamethrowers have a limit at all.
In general, flamethrowers of all types are too effective against vehicles and troops in the open.
YMMV
Peter
Shouldn't vehicle flamethrower cost be calculated like this:
Armour + 1/2 AP + HE + Speed + Secondary Armament + Specials?

A Panzer III Flamm would be 6+8+16+0+2+0= 32 points, making it list 11 (now 7)
A Wasp carrier would be 2+8+16+1+0+0 = 27 points, making it list 9 (now 5)

This would be more in line with their actual performance on the table. Why take a Tiger tank (list 10) when you can have a Panzer III Flamm? My idea is that they should be rare, and you need to be careful with them, but deadly once they are in range. True glass cannons.

Eltjo
Use the Consolidated Arsenal! It's here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... /htmlview#
Kustenjaeger

Post by Kustenjaeger »

Reading up on the Pz III (fl) it had a relatively short range - probably more like 24” than the Crocodile 36”, was an easy target of AT guns (especially in open terrain) and was relatively ineffective. One example given of the ambush of an Aliied tank in Italy where it set fire to camo or kit on the rear of the tank (so definitely shock effect).

Edward
7dot62mm

Post by 7dot62mm »

poiter50 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:44 pm
The question still remains, how many FT shots does it have?
Not immediately sure about the OT-26 and -130, but apparently the OT-34 had a limit of of only six two-second bursts of flame. This is from Tucker-Jones, Anthony: T-34 – The Red Army's Legendary Medium Tank. Images of War Special.
7dot62mm

Post by 7dot62mm »

Another source gives the OT-34 a "magazine" of ten short bursts, which is the same as six 2-second bursts, give or take a few. The OT-34 had a tank of 105 liters apparently.

The fuel tank on the OT-26 was a whopping 400 liters. If the flamethrower on the OT-26 is as thirsty as that of the OT-34, it can shoot around 24 two-second or 40 short bursts. Of course flamethrowers often have a magazine of blanks which are used to start the fire in the thrower and those may run out at some point, but for CoC purposes the OT-26 has effectively unlimited "ammo". Judging by a cut-away picture, the OT-130 has a similar load of flamethrower fuel, it fills up half the insides of the tank.