CoC FAQ

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

siggian

Re: CoC FAQ

Post by siggian » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:37 pm

And to clarify #2, I play it that LOS from the two enemy JOPs used to determine the angle. It's usually also of sight of all enemy JOPs but not always. I rationalize this as the patrolling does not necessarily occur at the same time and what one patrol might see would not necessarily be there for the next patrol.

Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:01 am

As Archduke says, in theory you should really roll for the shots separately depending on range but really life is too short. Personally, I treat that as a short range target and any kills are off those figures within short range. Once they die, the target is at longer range.

Hills are fine.

Welcome aboard. Please feel free to ask any questions you have. We're all happy to help. I'm about as much as I can be and many others are equally helpful and probably more coherent than me.

Rich

sackatatties

Post by sackatatties » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:32 am

Movement question in COC
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9789&sid=3763d8e24 ... e19c27a5fe
by Danni1 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Hey all, I was wondering about his oddity-there's a movement rule in COC that states that cautions movement is done at 1d6 inches, but broken terrain can cause a DM modifier of -1 to -2. SO what is the procedure when I roll a one or a two and subtract the modifier so I'm now at a negative movement number? Just move the unit one inch? Or leave it in place until the next turn and thus the next die roll?

by Richard » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:43 am
A negative result is no movement.

Rich

Entrenchments
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9030&sid=3763d8e24 ... e19c27a5fe

by JOHN BOND 001 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:15 am
I am aware of the advanced rules in regards to placements of entrenchments.

I just want to confirm some things with entrenchments for normal play.
1. If a entrenchment is selected from the support list for a infantry section, should it be placed on the table without the figures at the start of the game?
2. Placed when the section is deployed ?
3.if all the occupants are killed, can another friendly section occupy the entrenchments or an enemy section?
4. If the occupants route from the entrenchment can another friendly/enemy section occupy them?
5. If grenades are thrown into a entrenchment does that count as a enclosed space for 3 hits ?
thanks John

by Richard » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:48 am
Hi John

Here you go:
1. If a entrenchment is selected from the support list for a infantry section, should it be placed on the table without the figures at the start of the game?

If it is close to the JOP, then it goes down when the unit is deployed. However, if you want it somewhere further from the JOP than troiops can deploy to then you'll need to place it at the start of the game.

2. Placed when the section is deployed ?

See above.

3.if all the occupants are killed, can another friendly section occupy the entrenchments or an enemy section?

Yes, it's a hole. No problem.

4. If the occupants route from the entrenchment can another friendly/enemy section occupy them?

Ditto

5. If grenades are thrown into a entrenchment does that count as a enclosed space for 3 hits ?

It's harder to hit, but yes, if they go in the trench they count as three hits.

Rich

What happens to a knocked out Leader when his men rout?

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9792&sid=3763d8e24 ... e19c27a5fe

sjwalker51 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:14 pm
I’m sure it’s been covered before but I’m struggling to find the definitive answer: in a one-off game, when a team or section to which a knocked out Leader is attached routs, do they take said Leader with them, or leave him to his fate?

Today’s example was an extreme one: the sole survivor of a rifle team was hit by 4 Shock from heavy machine gun fire so immediately legged it and it seemed unlikely that he’d have risked lugging Lieutenant Gruber with him under the circumstances.

In a campaign situation, we’d have the men’s opinion rating to guide us, but what’s the general rule?

by Richard » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:45 am
I really don't mind. In our games we tend to roll a d6 to see if his men like him. That then leads to a decision.

That said, as written, they do NOT carry the leader off. He remains wounded where he is when the men rout off.

Rich

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:53 am

Unsure where an appropriate place to post this would be, as I don't think it necessarily warrants its own thread. The British 1940 and British Far East 1941 army lists from the Lard blog both have Roadblock listed twice under Support List two. I did a cursory search on this forum (but didn't read all posts in all threads that came up) and found no mention of it, and it is as far as I can surmise unique to these two lists. Is it clarified in some rules supplement or campaign I don't own? The main rules make it known that you are only allowed one roadblock per side, per game (also they are referred to as 'Road Blocks' in that same paragraph, second edition when? :)).

I also would like to reiterate a question from a blog comment regarding the current sale; how long will it last? Am I safe to wait for payday this month in a fortnight or should I scrounge and get an order in sooner?

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:36 am

No you are reading it correctly.
I had not noticed it is duplicated before and it is possible it is a typo - you need to ask Rich for that one!
I do know they are generally useless unless you have a road that has a bottleneck you can use such as minefields or buildings- so i am not sure 2 would help much especially as it is 4 support points and it does not stop infantry :D

TabletopGenerals

Post by TabletopGenerals » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:26 pm

I have a question about activating different crew members in a tank. As i read it in the first place i can activete single crew members in a tank with junior leader with a 1, but then i though about the next text and found the junior leader has to activate the crew. As i knew the commander of a vehicle can give orders, but the gunner and the driver have also the freedom of quick reaction to a threat. What is the connclusion?

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:57 pm

Only the Junior Leader can activate the other crew positions in the tank by spending one of his Command Initiatives when he is activated on a Command a dice roll of '3'. If the JL is killed or knocked out then the tank becomes Uncommanded and can then activate a single crew position on a CD roll of '1'.

In addition a tank Senior Leader can use his radio to activate a single crew position in another tank.

John

batesmotel34

Post by batesmotel34 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:00 pm

Note that there is a special rule in the Soviet lists that include the T-35 (Soviet pre-was tank design with 5 turrets) allowing a crew position to be activated with a 1. This could be allowed for as a house rule for all multi-turreted tanks but not officially so defined.

Chris