Official CoCulator

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

courageous

Re: Official CoCulator

Post by courageous »

Neal Smith wrote: Regarding editing... Believe it or not, not that many vehicles have been changed from original. And not that many will make a difference probably.
I think you'll be surprised. As mentioned above the CoCalculator was produced AFTER the rules and this is where the discrepancies have appeared. Of the 13 German tanks that I've moved to my North Africa Arsenal, 10 need to go up a list due to the incorrect speed factor! Makes a difference I think?

Magpie

Post by Magpie »

The thing you need to keep in mind with all this is that the CoCulator and the list levels etc in CoC are not an exact science.

The calculator is merely a start point and from there things a altered up or down for various reasons.

I do like the idea of having separate armour values for front side rear but it does make the armour model a bit more involved. It would be interesting to compare the current system with a FSR system and see if it makes any amount of difference that is worth worrying about.

Always keeping in mind that FSR systems rely on the "perfect shot" so a side hit at 90, where this was rarely the case, so if the side armour in CoC seems a bit generous, then that is probably where it needs to be to account for the obliquity of the shot.
CoC Calculator (Excel spreadsheet to calc platoon and list levels)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvpypn0mi75y7 ... .xlsx?dl=0

Post additions/corrections to the CoC Calcualtor
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4423

Neal Smith

Post by Neal Smith »

courageous wrote:
Neal Smith wrote: Regarding editing... Believe it or not, not that many vehicles have been changed from original. And not that many will make a difference probably.
I think you'll be surprised. As mentioned above the CoCalculator was produced AFTER the rules and this is where the discrepancies have appeared. Of the 13 German tanks that I've moved to my North Africa Arsenal, 10 need to go up a list due to the incorrect speed factor! Makes a difference I think?
My point was that most of the vehicles are still straight out of their original source. If you'd like to help out with that, then much appreciated. We don't normally make changes until someone brings it up.

Apparently you've done some work on this? Mind sharing it back? That's part of the idea too...

courageous

Post by courageous »

Magpie-
I know it's not an exact science and I for one wouldn't want anything more exact, the work would be immense. I'm happy with the CoCalculator as it is, as long as most, if not all, conform to it, making it a level playing field.
Neal Smith wrote: My point was that most of the vehicles are still straight out of their original source. If you'd like to help out with that, then much appreciated. We don't normally make changes until someone brings it up.

Apparently you've done some work on this? Mind sharing it back? That's part of the idea too...
The 'work' I have been doing is extracting all the elements from the CA into my own North Africa CA, filling in any holes and have had these added to the CA. It was the 'hole filling' that exposed the speed 'error' and this has just been debated. I am adapting the availability to match the theatre as best I can.
As for helping, I have been and I will continue to do so, whatever way is best for the CA editors?

Neal Smith

Post by Neal Smith »

Apologies. It sounded like you had done a lot more than what you've brought up recently.

thomas

Post by thomas »

Hi guys,

I am still working on French indochina war lists. I need the CoCulator point for a man with a Spear or a Sword,like Abyssinian Irregular for example...

Thomas

Neal Smith

Post by Neal Smith »

The CoCulator says that Rich doesn't include slow/fast turret in the Support List calculation.

However, there are vehicles with slow/fast turret designations and there is a rule that explains the effect.

What are the criteria for ranking slow/fast turrets?

Gun-Pit Paul

Post by Gun-Pit Paul »

I would say that:-
Slow = Hand-crank
Fast = Electrically cranked

There are exceptions, I believe. But just my idea.

Paul

Groupe_Franc

Post by Groupe_Franc »

Should the Coculator include a -1 for vehicles such as the Lee/Grant or the German or Russian SP's for a casemate, limited train main gun.

Redbad

Post by Redbad »

:oops: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! (sorry for the outburst)
I need some assistance, please.
I must apologize for entering in such an old thread but I'm trying desperately to understand how the CoCulator works and where to find it. I'm not speaking of the interactive spread sheet. Is there a text version that puts it all together? Trying to go through 24 pages and 240 posts to glean how it works is giving me a headache.
Rob :?