Beutepanzer Use

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

BushyBeardTom

Beutepanzer Use

Post by BushyBeardTom »

Hi everyone, I'm new to Chain of Command, but fully in love with it after only two games. I've been playing Germans and I was wondering if there was any official word on whether you can take beutepanzers, and if so where I'd find the rules? Otherwise would it be acceptable to just take, say, a Sherman, and count it as a support list 6 option?

OldNick

Re: Beutepanzer Use

Post by OldNick »

There's nothing to stop you using captured vehicles, and in general terms using them at the standard support cost would seem sensible.

One resource you might find useful is the Consolidated Arsenal, which is an expanded and recalculated vehicle list, with, in some cases, revised support costs.

You can find it at https://tinyhordes.com/chain-of-command ... d-arsenal/

It might be worth noting that in some Pint Sized Campaigns support costs have been adjusted from standard. This may have been done to encourage (or discourage) selection of some support options, so there seems to be an official precedent for tweaking costs.

BushyBeardTom

Post by BushyBeardTom »

That's great help, thank hot so much! I'll go check the consolidated arsenal out, and look forward to rolling out some captured tanks.

I'm yet to try the Pint Size Campaigns but I think it's on the books for next month, or the one after.

Thank you again.

OldNick

Post by OldNick »

I do recommend the PSCs. They're occasionally a little confusing, but do provide a fun series of games, with a story to them.

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

I would be tempted to make some adjustment for lesser efficiency both crew wise and mechanical (with reduction in cost?) for captured vehicles. The exception may be things like 2nd SS Panzer Div refurbished T-34/76's.

MLB

Post by MLB »

Depends what we mean by captured. If they were recently captured and immediately pressed into service then I’d be inclined to agree with TT. However many captured vehicles were improved before re-use with things like commander’s cupolas and radios added. In some cases they probably improved performance over the original owners.
The Tactical Painter https://thetacticalpainter.blogspot.com
Painting little soldiers for tactical battles on the table top

Truscott Trotter

Only improved ones I know of are the T-34/76 I noted above.oh and 21st Panzer Div Funnies.
Soviets tended to use the German stuff unaltered

Maybe we need 2 categories
Captured and recycled? 😂

redmist1122

Post by redmist1122 »

I use captured tanks all the time for Chain of Command and for What Tanker. We just keep the same stats...unless one of us research any improved upgrades, then we'll adjust the numbers.

P.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA

Truscott Trotter

Why?
no offence Greg but......
They represent 0.0001% of all tanks used
if you want to use a captured King Tiger just play Germans surely?

poiter50

Post by poiter50 »

Surely the Germans used a greater proportion than that? And what is a "captured" tank by definition? Pz 38t?