Double shotted?!?

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Nors3man

Double shotted?!?

Post by Nors3man » Mon May 14, 2018 9:20 pm

Hi all. New to KMH just had two sologames and have a problem understanding the double shotted rule for JJTs.

Does it mean that they roll double dice at short and point blank range?

Also i tried to Join the yahoo group days ago. No luck it seems. Looking for usefull aid to the game.

Thx in advance.
Never mind the manouvres... just go straight at them!

Archdukek

Re: Double shotted?!?

Post by Archdukek » Tue May 15, 2018 10:55 am

On "double shotted" in the description for Jolly Jack Tars, this is just referring to the bonus they receive for firing at short and point blank range. It's also referred to as the Bellingham bonus in the firepower modification table. They do not roll double dice!

They are dangerous enough at that range and woe betide any opponent if they manage to get a rake in at that range when they will be rolling double dice.

There is a lot of useful material in the Yahoo Group so worth persevering but it can take a while to get into it. If you are still having problems in a weeks time then PM me and I'll see if I can help.
John

Nors3man

Post by Nors3man » Tue May 15, 2018 11:48 am

thank the lord they dont!:)

thank you for the reply John.

Yes I see alot referring to the Yahoo group and I want in on the fun:-) thx for the offer, will keep it in mind.
Cheers
Martin

Nors3man

Post by Nors3man » Tue May 15, 2018 11:51 am

Maybe you can help me with anonther issue. stern/bow chasers. how are they affected by firing modicications like JJT, loss of DP an such? or is it just so simple that it's either 1 or 2 no matter what.

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek » Tue May 15, 2018 4:57 pm

Martin,
To be honest I generally ignore stern & bow chasers in my games as just too much hassle. They are largely irrelevant in squadron actions but might be more important in single ship games.

When I do use them then I ignore all the firing modifications and just roll 1 or 2 dice.

If it's important to you to use them you may want to lose these guns in proportion to the main broadside.

John

Nors3man

Post by Nors3man » Tue May 15, 2018 5:22 pm

thx:-)

May your games be great and your dice roll 6, sir:-)