Gigabytes Historical Games Day - Part 1 KMH sort of

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

cstoesen

Gigabytes Historical Games Day - Part 1 KMH sort of

Post by cstoesen » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:19 pm

I had a chance to write up a tiny little bit of a recent historical games day that happened at Gigabytes Cafe in Marietta, Ga over the weekend. There were 16 games that were run during the course of the day.

One of the two games that I ran was a Kiss Me Hardy game with some modifications for ships under the rate that I have been working on. The game was a success (in my opinion at least). I wrote up the game report here: https://cstoesen.blogspot.com/2018/11/g ... s-day.html

I have a couple of picture as well. The miniatures are all 1/300th. They are a mix of Sea Dog Studios, Warartisan and Langton Miniatures. The Langton ships are the two tiny South Carolina Navy vessels, Sea Dog minis are the Georgia Navy Sloop and the merchantman. And the two Warartisan ships were the Royal Navy vessels.

I owe a debt of gratitude to the KMH FB group for the navigation aids that someone posted. The wind compass and heading gauge were invaluable in teaching the game to five folks that had never heard of Kiss Me Hardy before.

Here are a couple of shots from the game:

I will post on the Sharp Practice game shortly.
Chris Stoesen
No matter where you go, there you are -- Buckaroo Banzai
Nil Facilis Est