Indian Mutiny - the least played setting?

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Kaspar

Indian Mutiny - the least played setting?

Post by Kaspar »

As some may have noticed I have started a Sharp Practice Indian Mutiny project, and while I am still painting away I visit these forums and the FB group on a daily basis.

There are many great projects both places, but almost none involve the Indian Mutiny. So is this really the conflict least played?

For those of you who play, make sure to share your stuff as it will be highly appreciated. :)

twmsioncati

Re: Indian Mutiny - the least played setting?

Post by twmsioncati »

I am currently getting used to the rules using Napoleonics BUT I will in due course be playing an alternative history (not too far fetched ) of a combined Russian intervention force/Badmashes versus British regulars/HEIC. I will post once I've got it all up and running

sjwalker51

Post by sjwalker51 »

I played a lot of Mutiny games using SP1 and will definitely be returning to the period sooner rather than later, and adding those lovely Iron Duke figures to the lead pile.

Groupe_Franc

Post by Groupe_Franc »

That sounds interesting. What figures would you use for the Russian interventionists? Crimean War? Somewhere in Lead Mountain is a bag of foot cossacks. Might be s start....

twmsioncati

Post by twmsioncati »

For the Russians I have 1 unit of lancers, an artillery piece and crew (crimean war), plus 2 units of infantry which as i recall I got from the Copplestone Back of Beyond range some time ago but used green stuff to "block out" the hand grenades in their belts". For the purposes of my needs i have classed the cavalry the same as HEIC company cavalry and the infantry the same as HEIC infantry with muskets

WillieB

Post by WillieB »

I was planning on using SP2 for the Franco Prussian war but then was cautioned that it wasn't really meant for that period.
So I wholeheartedly switched to Indian Mutiny. Axel and I are very busy getting all the figures ready (we both simply fell in love with the Iron Duke gems!)
We both should have playable armies ready by October/November and I promise to put some AAR's at this forum!
In the meanwhile we're playing French Indian War since we have plenty of figures available for that war.
You can't buy honour.

twmsioncati

Post by twmsioncati »

I have assembled my forces but haven't a clue how to enter the photos onto this forum