Artillery casualties.

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

paymaster

Artillery casualties.

Post by paymaster »

On Saturday I hosted a game at a convention and I ran into something that i do not think the rules cover. In the book it states two or less cannon crew takes three actions to load and its -1d6 for every 2pts of shock. In infantry etc. we -1d6 for each killed figure when you fire so with three groups of 8 with a level 3 leader 27 dice but one figure goes it goes down to 26 and so on. does artillery casualties do the same thing 5 crew on a gun plus a leader in this case we had a 12lbs gun allowed 16 dice but does this go down with each kill or does it stay the same? The other situation we ran into was all 5 crew were killed only the artillery leader was left can he fire and load the gun on his own and still have 16 dice plus his as a level one leader?
Bishop2K7

Re: Artillery casualties.

Post by Bishop2K7 »

Casualties don't effect the attack dice of the gun itself. So yes, one crewman will fire at full effect (assuming no shock). He just takes longer to load and move the gun.
bandrsntch

Post by bandrsntch »

I know some players my be of a different opinion, but I don't think it's quite proper to let the Officer continue to operate a gun after his crew has been wiped out. I think that it would be reasonable to assume that in such a situation, the Officer would skedaddle.
Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

When infantry fire you are dicing for each figure, for artillery it is the gun so if loaded it ignores casualties and will fire at full effect. Personally like bandrsntch I do not count Leaders as crew. However, if you do then if he is loading he is not acting as a Leader so does not add any firing dice for his Status.

John