Skirmishers Formation

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

giobaratto

Skirmishers Formation

Post by giobaratto »

Hi All,

a silly question for most of you, but not for me :D
I saw that some skirmish groupp has "always" marked to form formations, that means that even two or three group of skirmishers troop can fight in formation?
I tought that being skirmishers it was not allowed to them.

Thanks in advance for every answer and consideration

Giorgio
Archdukek

Re: Skirmishers Formation

Post by Archdukek »

Hi Giorgio,
Some Skirmish Troops are better trained than others and easier for Leaders to control. Those with the “Always” entry can operate their Groups together as a formation requiring only a single Command Initiative to activate them and use the same dice roll to move. They remain as Skirmish Groups, however, for firing purposes so retain their 180’ firing arc and move in loose order as normal.

They do not suddenly form up into a Close Order line.

John
bandrsntch

Re: Skirmishers Formation

Post by bandrsntch »

We've used this characteristic more often where a skirmish Group is attached to a Formation and moves with it always staying about 4 inches in front of the Formation to screen it. The Skirmish Group moves with the Formation when it is activated. If the Skirmish Group does something different than the Formation it takes a leader Initiative to be able to do it. We allow a third Movement dice to the Skirmish Group if required. So a Formation with Skirmishers in front could move and for another Initiative the Office could have the Skirmishers fire. The Formation cannot shoot though any skirmishers in front.