Couple of Fisticuffs Questions

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Bishop2K7

Couple of Fisticuffs Questions

Post by Bishop2K7 »

I’m fairly certain that I’m doing things correctly, but want to make sure…

When a formation losses a round of fisticuffs and is forced to retire, every group in that formation must roll for “Group obliged to withdraw” on the BAD THINGS HAPPEN chart, correct?

Also, when calculating your dice for fisticuffs, any group in the formation that has two or more shock will subtract dice from the total… even if a group is neither fighting or supporting in the fisticuffs, if it has two or more shock it will subtract dice, correct?

Please let me know if I’m interpreting things incorrectly.
Captain Reid

Re: Couple of Fisticuffs Questions

Post by Captain Reid »

Yes.

No. Only fighting groups subtract for Shock. Supporting Groups will give 3 Dice unless they have more Shock than men or are below half strength
The climate crisis has already been solved. We already have all the facts and solutions. All we have to do is to wake up and change. - Greta Thunberg

The Saindoux Campaign, French & Indian War blog

Cerro Manteca, Peninsular War blog.
Bishop2K7

Re: Couple of Fisticuffs Questions

Post by Bishop2K7 »

Captain Reid wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:25 pm No. Only fighting groups subtract for Shock. Supporting Groups will give 3 Dice unless they have more Shock than men or are below half strength
I'm cool with that. Doing it your way makes more sense to me, but I went the other way because the chart says "For each two points of Shock on any Groups." I literally took "any groups" to mean "ANY groups", but I see now that it more likely means "any groups fighting."

Thanks for your reply!