Attaching leaders to units

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Garth

Attaching leaders to units

Post by Garth »

It's been a few months since I posted this question on the facebook page and although I said I would rebase my figures on sabot bases I still have not done so, and after much deliberation I have decided that I am not going to. I realised that if I moved back to sabot basing I would need a lot more boxes for storage (I have 13 armies) and so I have left them as they are on 40x40 bases. I intend to field two groups as a formation of 16 men together with standards when they have them. I will have one base which is 20x40 and then two 20x20 so we can still have figure removal, something I saw first being used in the early 80s. However I feel that level one leaders should actually be attached in the centre of a group or formation not to the side so I am thinking of having him slap bang in the centre of the lead group. Level 2 and 3 commanders will of course be on seperate circular bases. Using this approach still allows me to play Black Powder and Muskets and Tomahawks. If I do it this way does anyone think that there will be any problems I have not thought about?
Capt Fortier

Re: Attaching leaders to units

Post by Capt Fortier »

Ironically I often think of Level I leaders as Corporals or Sergeants, and either at the end of sections or companies or in fact at the back (dressing ranks). Not sure however it creates any issues for game play wherever your Level I leaders stand.
Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny