Unit Characteristics from Christmas Special 2017

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

redmist1122

Unit Characteristics from Christmas Special 2017

Post by redmist1122 »

In the scenario called, "Lost in Musique", there are two unit characteristics which are listed and have no idea what they are. For the Sisters of Liberty unit, they have "Boom" and "Bang a Bang!".

Thank you.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
Capt Fortier

Re: Unit Characteristics from Christmas Special 2017

Post by Capt Fortier »

Actually I think it is just one characteristic: "Boom, bang a bang!" from Lulu's 1969 winning Eurovision song. But haven't a clue what that translates to for SP2!? According to Wikipedia:
Lyrically, the song is a plea from the singer to her lover to "cuddle me tight". She then goes on to explain that "my heart goes boom bang-a-bang boom bang-a-bang when you are near
So I'm guessing some kind of heart condition that renders the Sisters of Liberty more (or less?) dangerous when close to Amin da Mood ;)
Does that help?
Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny
redmist1122

Post by redmist1122 »

Oh...a song...well I'm sure I can work something out on that. I appreciate the insight. It's a bit curious when quirky stuff pops up, without any back source/reference.

Thanks again.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

redmist1122 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:12 pm Oh...a song...well I'm sure I can work something out on that. I appreciate the insight. It's a bit curious when quirky stuff pops up, without any back source/reference.

Thanks again.
It’s a Lardie convention game. Rich probably made something up on the spot for Mr Reg’s devoted groupies the Sisters of Liberty. You should feel free to do the same, though requiring your players to listen to Lulu singing “Boom, Bang a Bang” would probably be classed as a war crime nowadays. :D

John
JimLeCat

Post by JimLeCat »

Interestingly, the write-up of two games of this scenario mentions the Sisters of Liberty using blunderbuses in one game, to break into the mansion. They aren't mentioned in the unit characteristics, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

JimLeCat wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:49 pm ... the Sisters of Liberty using blunderbuses ... to break into the mansion.."
Sounds like there is both your "boom" and "bang a bang"
Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny
BaronVonWreckedoften

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Capt Fortier wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:25 am So I'm guessing some kind of heart condition that renders the Sisters of Liberty more (or less?) dangerous when close to Amin da Mood ;)
I believe he formed a very successful double-act with Ford Ansing.
No plan survives first contact with the dice.
Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:23 pm
Capt Fortier wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:25 am ... Amin da Mood ...
Ford Ansing.
:lol: Of course! Must be the Nolan Sisters of Liberty.
Capt Fortier