The Magistrates Daughter Lard Magazine

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

MLB

The Magistrates Daughter Lard Magazine

Post by MLB »

The scenario looks like a good one, but I have a few questions.

British player two’s force is commanded by Captain Cornwall but no status is given for him. What should that be?

The objectives for each side don’t specify at which point victory is determined, for example if the British rescue the two women from the house do they need to get them off the table, or is contacting them an immediate victory? Given movement is specified for the cow I’m assuming you need to get them somewhere, so would assume that is off the same table edge they entered? Or would any table edge do?
The Tactical Painter
Painting little soldiers for tactical battles on the table top
BaronVonWreckedoften

Re: The Magistrates Daughter Lard Magazine

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

MLB wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:38 am Given movement is specified for the cow.....
I think "mother-in-law" is the epitheth preferred by the woke kids......
No plan survives first contact with the dice.
redmist1122

Post by redmist1122 »

We just played that scenario 2 weeks ago, and determine you have get the two women and Daisy the cow to the Rebel Deployment Point on the road.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
BaronVonWreckedoften

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

A slightly amended version of the game was played in VL5 (game 12) last Saturday; the game was organised by Andy Crow - if you go onto the Lardy Discord website you can contact him for any rules tweaks he introduced. Lieutenant Cornwall was a Level II leader in charge of the Tory Militia.

Contacting the women was not sufficient to earn victory, you had to get them off the table, although the Crown forces were so far away from that at the end of our game, I don't think the required exit point was actually discussed. Interestingly, given my comment about the "mother-in-law" earlier in the thread, there was a point at which she insisted that the hard-pressed Lt Cornwall (whose militia were outnumbered and being peppered from two directions) stop "playing soldiers" and help the women get the family valuables and furniture onto a wagon in the farmyard, or he could consider his marital prospects well and truly scuppered (the umpire did no go into detail on this, but I'm sure I heard all four male players wince.....).

BvW'
No plan survives first contact with the dice.