My first go at Sharp Practice

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

IanKH

My first go at Sharp Practice

Post by IanKH » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:30 am

I took the time to do a massive re-basing project. A Napoleonic French division and A Prussian brigade(+). Now that the glue has dried and the mdf has been flocked I got to put the troops on the table on their first SP outing. I really enjoyed the game and look forward to many more. Please have a read on my blog at: https://this28mmlife.blogspot.com/2019/ ... sharp.html

Capt Fortier

Re: My first go at Sharp Practice

Post by Capt Fortier » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:49 pm

Nice write-up - your observations about the importance of having your leaders in the right place are spot on, as too remembering to consider use of the cards at the right time. I also like what you've done with your Prussian Leutnant's name - it gives a whole new meaning to the "undercut" :lol:
Capt Fortier

“Un optimiste, c'est un homme qui plante deux glands et qui s'achète un hamac.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:31 am

A nice report on what sounds like an entertaining game. Glad you enjoyed your first SP game.

That was a phenomenal number of random events in a single game. Can I ask if you were using cards or chips for activation. One of the drawbacks of using cards is the difficulty of getting a truly random shuffle which means that cards can remain in sequence over Turn Ends.

John

IanKH

Post by IanKH » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:38 pm

Archdukek wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:31 am
That was a phenomenal number of random events in a single game. Can I ask if you were using cards or chips for activation. One of the drawbacks of using cards is the difficulty of getting a truly random shuffle which means that cards can remain in sequence over Turn Ends.

John
Chips. Although I'm new to SP, I thought it was a lot too. We had 5 or maybe 6 of them.