The capture and subsequent rescue of mademoiselle Mireille Masséna - a Sharp Practice AAR

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

maerk

The capture and subsequent rescue of mademoiselle Mireille Masséna - a Sharp Practice AAR

Post by maerk »

We played an exciting SP2 game based upon the "rescue mission" in the rulebook and situated in Spain during the peninsular war: The capture and subsequent rescue of ma ... actice AAR

Have fun and thanks for reading!
Maerk

Capt Fortier

Re: The capture and subsequent rescue of mademoiselle Mireille Masséna - a Sharp Practice AAR

Post by Capt Fortier »

Try: The capture and subsequent rescue of mademoiselle Mireille Masséna

Great AAR Maerk. Where did you source your "La aguja" figure?
Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

bandrsntch

Re: The capture and subsequent rescue of mademoiselle Mireille Masséna - a Sharp Practice AAR

Post by bandrsntch »

Looks like it was a fun game with a small amount of troops. Nice report. Look forward to your next one.

maerk

Post by maerk »

Capt Fortier wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:10 pm
(...)
Great AAR Maerk. Where did you source your "La aguja" figure?
Osprey's "Spanish Guerillas in the Peninsular War" makes a short mention of female Guerillas, but "Little is known about them, although they were sometimes mentioned by observers and in a few memoirs." Richard Sharpe too once met one of them, if I remember correctly. So I took the liberty to create my own Heroine, naming her after the way of her actions: finding and piercing her victims with precision and stealth, as a skilled needlewoman would do it with her sewing work (la aguja (span.) = the needle). This might hint at the girls profession before she joined the guerilla, who knows?

I very much like this storytelling part of sharp practice!
Maerk

Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

Thanks Maerk - it was more the source of the figure than the character I was interested in (though thanks for expanding on your characterisation too).
Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

custosarmorum

Post by custosarmorum »

Capt Fortier, I believe that figure is from Brigade Games Napoleonic Spanish range. Here is the link:

http://brigadegames.3dcartstores.com/BG ... _2955.html

I believe that there is also a mounted version as well.

Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

Many thanks - I have been looking for suitable female figures for guerrilla, and she is brilliant! In fact that Brigade Games link has opened up a lovely treasure trove. Thanks again!
Capt Fortier

agent_pumpkin

Post by agent_pumpkin »

Splendid AAR. Thanks for sharing.
Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.