Want To Try

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

skip2a

Re: Want To Try

Post by skip2a » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:02 pm

I have found lots of videos with AWI and Napoleonic but I can't seem to find any with ACW games. Does anyone know of a channel or site that has SP videos in ACW?

The more I watch the Beasts of War and Table Top HQ demos the more interested I am. Just need to see a ACW game being played.

Thanks for all of the responses!

Pat

Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:54 pm

I've not seen any ACW SP2 videos, but Thomas Brandstetter's The Raft has many ACW After Action Reports that have a cinematic quality about them. He is a regular poster on this Forum as "shandy" and games mostly in 15mm.
Capt Fortier

“Un optimiste, c'est un homme qui plante deux glands et qui s'achète un hamac.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Counterpane

Post by Counterpane » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:36 am

Skip,

I wanted to get some figures onto the table early in the process of building up my Maximilian Adventure forces. I decided to see how small a game of SP2 I could get to work.

I managed to put together a satisfying little action with about 30 figures:

https://thelandofcounterpane.blogspot.c ... -1862.html

Richard

skip2a

Post by skip2a » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:29 pm

Richard:

Thank you for sharing!

For my sons project we elected to use 40mm square bases with 4 men per base at 28mm: will this work if we use counters to keep track of kills? I know it will give us less coverage on the table but we already purchased a few hundred bases. We will be making single based scirmishers.

Thanks again for all of the responses!

Pat

Counterpane

Post by Counterpane » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:14 am

Pat,

Multi-based figures should work fine. I use sabot bases with two rows of four figures and it’s very unusual for me to need to remove the figures during a game.

You could consider making little cardboard trays designed to hold mini dice. Say using white dice to show current strength and red to show current shock?

Richard