ITLSU Close Combat result & MGs

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Martin1914

ITLSU Close Combat result & MGs

Post by Martin1914 »

Hello All.

Last night played a small learning scenario in which a Turkish battalion assaulted a small oasis village held by an Indian company with an attached MG. The village was treated as a complete, individual feature (a 'sector', as with the Durham Boys' Africa rules).
The Indians were defeated by 1 and 'withdrew' 4 inches out of the village. The Turks followed up and occupied the village with one of their companies. The respective kills were removed but no suppressions were assigned as Havildar Heroes and Johnny Turks have equal SRs. Firstly, was this right with the suppression?
Secondly, we discussed and decided that the MG was lost. Was this right? Should there be a different approach depending on a 'withdraw', 'retire' or 'rout' result?
Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom.
Regards
Mart
Archdukek

Re: ITLSU Close Combat result & MGs

Post by Archdukek »

Hi Mart,
On your close combat question you played it correctly. There is no difference in the spunk rating of either combatant so no additional suppression points are added.

As for MGs, they can move at the same rate as infantry so we would allow the crew to take the MG with them when withdrawing which is a more orderly process than retiring or routing, assuming there is any crew left. The rules don't actually say as far as I can see but the distinction works for us.

John
Martin1914

Re: ITLSU Close Combat result & MGs

Post by Martin1914 »

John
Thank you for replying to the post. I was thinking along the same lines that there should be a difference between withdraw and rout for the MG. I will take your comment back to our group and restart the discussion.
Regards
Mart