ITLSU Reading List

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

gilliessim

ITLSU Reading List

Post by gilliessim » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:51 pm

Hello, just picked up these rules and would like to read up on some of the campaigns for the period. I've found a book by Anthony Bruce: The Last Crusade: The Palestine Campaign in the First World War. Has anyone on here read it and does it do a decent job of describing some of the brigade level actions?

Does anyone have recommendations for brigade level actions, and books/sources to read up on them?

Thank you!

Gillies

Martin1914

Re: ITLSU Reading List

Post by Martin1914 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:33 pm

Gillies
Hello. I found the Last Crusade to be a very good one-volume overview of the campaign at the higher level. Battle descriptions are quite broad-brush. For greater tactical detail and scenario ideas my go to reference are the British Official Histories of the Great War (Mesopotamia, Egypt & Palestine and East Africa). I bought mine from Naval & Military Press. There's a host of military history forums and websites, family history web pages etc. that can reward search time for info eg. orbats, maps, sketches and photographs.
Good luck with your reading. Hope you enjoy ITLSU.
Regards
Mart

gilliessim

Re: ITLSU Reading List

Post by gilliessim » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:56 am

Thank you Martin! Majority of my WW1 research and books are all from western front or covering specific areas, sadly not much on middle east operations, although this is a nice push to get some!