Take cover rule

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Darren

Take cover rule

Post by Darren »

Hi All,

I'm about to play my second game of M&B.

Rule 4.5, talks about as group taking cover; I haven't been able to find anything in the rules that defines what take cover means. It's possible I have missed th. definition.

I was thinking of using th same approach as the "tactical movement" option in chain of command. That is, allowing a group to move with 1D6, but do nothing else, while making the best use of cover. This would mean the group would still retain benefits of the -1 in rule 9.2 of M&B.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Regards
Darren
Archdukek

Re: Take cover rule

Post by Archdukek »

Hi Darren,
"Taking Cover" in Through the Mud and the Blood just means what it says, the troops are using one of their actions to maximise the use of any cover, folds in the ground, etc, in their vicinity to make themselves a harder target to enemy fire as per rule 9.2.

So yes you could, as you suggest, use 1 action to Move your men 1D6 then use the second action to Take Cover. Alternatively you could combine it with any other of the relevant actions in Table 4.5.1 so that you could attempt to Spot for 1 action then Take Cover for the second, if you don't like what you see. Or even Fire with one action then Take Cover, effectively taking a quick shot then trying to disappear so your fire won't be as effective.

Enjoy your game.

John
Darren

Re: Take cover rule

Post by Darren »

Hi John,

Thank you for the clarification.

I always appreciate your thoughts.

Darren