Poor Fire Discipline

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Chasseur

Poor Fire Discipline

Post by Chasseur »

In Empire to Revolution a Russian force should always have a Poor Fire Discipline card present (page 28).
But I cannot find a definition of that card in the scenario book or the main rule book for TTMATB.
From a search of the forums it appears to be used in Charlie Don’t Surf.

1. I get the impression that when drawn you roll to see if a random unit with poor fire discipline reveals itself. But what is the chance, or is it automatic?

2. Does that mean it can only apply to groups on a blind? So would you remove the card once all blinds for groups with poor fire discipline are revealed?

3. Are they considered to just fire without hitting anything?

Cheers,
John
Archdukek

Re: Poor Fire Discipline

Post by Archdukek »

Hi John,
I’m not sure what the intended purpose of the Poor Fire Discipline card was in that scenario, but in “Charlie Don’t Surf” it can result in hidden units or units on Blinds revealing themselves by opening fire on the nearest enemy unit even if you preferred that they didn’t.

Basically if the Poor Fire Discipline card is drawn that force rolls 1D6 and will Fail on a 1 or 2. If it Fails the test an unspotted unit nearest to the enemy will fire normally on the enemy unit thus revealing its presence. Once all units are revealed on the table the card will cease to have any effect.

John

John
Chasseur

Re: Poor Fire Discipline

Post by Chasseur »

Thanks Archdukek. I suspected it might be along those lines, but that gives me something to work with.

Regards,
John