Big Man Activation

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Chasseur

Big Man Activation

Post by Chasseur »

First two games of Through the Mud and the Blood this weekend and enjoyed it immensely.
A few questions arose, but I will post separately to make make topic searching easier.

How many dice do Big Men use when moving on their own?
P.11 shows as +1 pip per dice and that they move as their troop type.
But I cannot find how many dice.
In our first game we played that they could spend 1 Command initiative to move with 2 action dice and could only spend a maximum of 1 CI per turn on movement. It did not make sense that a status IV Big Man could move 4 times further than a status I.

This leads to a broader question, can Big Men only spend 1 Command Initiative a turn to activate themselves?
That is, can they only spend 1 CI and get 2 action points.
Or could a Status III try spotting 3 things (1 for each CI) or move 3 times?
Or can he just activate himself once for 2 action points and use the other CIs to activate others, remove shock, etc.

Regards,
John
Archdukek

Re: Big Man Activation

Post by Archdukek »

Hi John,
It’s been a while since I played TMTB, but to answer your questions a Big Man can spend 1 Command Initiative to activate himself to move independently of any unit. Like anyone else he will get 2 actions to spend on movement, rolling 1D6+1” per action if an infantryman, a bit more if he is cavalry. As you correctly guessed he can only use 1 CI to move, but he can use others CI to spot or remove Shock.

So a Level III Big Man could spend 1 CI to spot, then a second CI to move to join a unit then his third CI to remove a point of Shock from the unit he is now attached to.

Regards,

John
Chasseur

Re: Big Man Activation

Post by Chasseur »

Excellent. Thanks.

Regards,
John