Saxon Shore

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

EvilGinger

Re: Saxon Shore

Post by EvilGinger »

Have seen rather more shield walls break under shock than by any other means. I will admit that it is a bloody business & even levy will stand a while against superior forces before that superiority finally tells and some times it doesn't.

Never expect to break a shield wall in one turn of a fight always expect to have to do it over 2-3 combat turns & have a noble on hand to say lets have at em again so you get more of those per game turn.

:evil: Ginger
Dark lord at large....

JimLeCat

Post by JimLeCat »

In our games, so many 'superior' forces have come to grief against Levy shieldwalls that we joke that they are their best troops!

My general experience is that you may well break a shieldwall in a frontal attack, but the troops doing so won't be in any shape to fight afterwards...

I've only once seen a shieldwall broken cleanly by such an attack without that happening - and it needed a heap of luck for the Saxon player!

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger »

A run of cards featuring "Strong in the arm" "bounding run" & "Aggressive charge" all help a lot as dose if you can punting down some shock on the shield wall with missile & harassing troops.

:evil: Ginger
Dark lord at large....