Late bloomer Q's

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

carnyx

Late bloomer Q's

Post by carnyx » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:40 pm

Hello, first game of DB this weekend, late bloomer. Have played several Lardie rules, more recently CoC and Sp2, which may clouding my understanding somewhat :)

If a noble/lord leaves a neutral table edge after his side loses and is subsequently killed by thieves, does his loss factor into the margin of victory on P57?

Is there a hard and fast rule on replacing a lost lord, promotion from the remaining nobles or do we re-roll a new lord?

A few Q’s on Force Morale,

When is the force morale taken for Misplacing One’s Amphora, immediately or after the unit leaves the table?

Is there a morale test when “and retiring from the fight” or is that statement on P55 only related to Misplacing One’s Amphora?

The morale table only covers wounds or kills on leaders, is there a force morale test for a noble forced off the table, it happened with a group close to the table edge?

Enjoyed the game, looking forward to jumping into the campaign.

Cheers,
Carnyx

Archdukek

Re: Late bloomer Q's

Post by Archdukek » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:47 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of Dux Brit. The rules do differ from CoC and SP in a couple of important ways. The one which always catches me out is that you do not include any attached Nobles when calculating the effects of Shock on a Group.

Here are my answers for what they are with:
1) No, it has no effect on the margin of victory that's determined by what happens on the tabletop during the game in my view.
2) Up to you and your opponent, but the norm is that one of the existing Nobles is promoted and you roll for a new Noble. He doesn't inherit his predecessors wealth though, that gets spent on the funeral wake!
3) You test immediately when a unit breaks for Misplacing its Amphora and the Force Morale penalty applies at once.
4) IIRC it only applies to Misplacing One's Amphora.
5) you only test if Lords or Nobles are killed or wounded, unlike Chain of Command.

Enjoy the campaign,

John

carnyx

Re: Late bloomer Q's

Post by carnyx » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:38 pm

Thanks for fast response, that is how we played it with the exception of counting nobles for shock purposes, completely missed that one.
Cheers,
Carnyx