DUX BRITANNARIUM GAME DECK COMPOSITION

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Velcro10w

DUX BRITANNARIUM GAME DECK COMPOSITION

Post by Velcro10w » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:56 pm

I purchased both the main rule set and 'The Raiders' eighteen months ago and I have played these Dark Age rules about five times and have thoroughly enjoyed them and have plans to undertake a campaign of Saxon invasion very shortly.

Having sleeved the cards that came with each rule set, I thought nothing of the ones marked; A, B, C and Blank, British and Saxon Missiles and British and Saxon Units One and Two, a total of ten additional cards if my maths is correct!

I had a quick look through other posts on the game deck and it seems this question has been raised a couple of years ago but I would like some further clarification as to how these ten cards are used and whether they are always added or not?

I would also assume that the British and Saxon Leaders Three and Four cards simply allow a larger warband to be fielded using more leader types to enable more flexibility for a larger warband to take the field? I hope I have phrased my queries succinctly.

I look forward too receiving your reply when convenient.

Thanks.

Paul.

Derek H

Re: DUX BRITANNARIUM GAME DECK COMPOSITION

Post by Derek H » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:04 pm

They're there because the manufacturers sell packs in defined sizes. There's no use for them at all in games using the rules as written.
All the Lard News in one place - Lard Central http://www.netvibes.com/lardcentral
Pimping my blog - Dereks Wee Toys http://dereksweetoys.com/

Velcro10w

Re: DUX BRITANNARIUM GAME DECK COMPOSITION

Post by Velcro10w » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:29 am

Morning, Derek.

Thank you for your reply. I couldn't find any reference to them although they may be useful for random events - A, B and C - plus additional larger warbands as I mention in my post.

I'll let my fellow players know.

Thanks.

Paul.