Some last questions, Fate cards, Picts heavy losses and 1D6

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Rob

Some last questions, Fate cards, Picts heavy losses and 1D6

Post by Rob » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:54 am

Hi there again,

I got some last questions when sniffing through the campaingbook.

We are playing a game with the raider supplement.

Question 1:
Do we only play with the fate cards of the units that are in play? (and the non-suited ofc.) or do we use all the suited cards?

Question 2:
Fate Card Darting blow card, is this card only to be used if a Irish or Scotti bands plays? Seeing that Picts or Britons don't have dart weapons?

Question 3:
Do Picts also regain heavy losses as moderate? In the book it seems that only the Irish and Scotti get this trait.

Question 4:
If a noble attacks and uses a suited cards than he gets a additional 1D6 in his fist attack round. Meaning an extra roll of a the dice not the number 1 of the dice? im asking this cause we got a discussion about this at my club earlier.
(Yes i mean you Ivo :) )

Sorry for all the questions but after these im ready to start the campaing :) Thanks in advance!

Archdukek

Re: Some last questions, Fate cards, Picts heavy losses and

Post by Archdukek » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:06 am

Hi Rob.
Here is my take on your questions:

1) You only include the suit cards for the two factions engaged plus the non-suited cards. The rest are left to one side.

2) "Darting Blow" has nothing to do with the use of Darts. "To Dart" also means "To Dash", so it is about using speed of movement in combat. Fighting then breaking off.

If you check out pages 28 and 34 in the main rules it says that a suited card may be played by an active Noble of either side, so yes the Picts could use it against the Scotti or Irish, but only the Scotti or Irish get the additional 1D6 for using one of their suited cards in combat. In other words you can use your opponents favoured tactics against them, but they will be better at them.

3) No the Picts do not get this benefit, only the Scotti and the specific Irish Kingdoms of the Ulaid and Aileach do to reflect the close historical family links between them. Other Irish Kingdoms do not get this trait either.

4) if a Noble plays a suited card in combat he can add 1 additional D6 to the combat pool in the first attack round (see page 34/35 in the rules.) seems quite clear to me.

Hope these help.

John

Rob

Re: Some last questions, Fate cards, Picts heavy losses and

Post by Rob » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:01 pm

Thanks John for taking time to answer, and ofc for the info :)