Reinforcements???

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Redbad

Reinforcements???

Post by Redbad » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:49 pm

Before I start, I must say that I feel Dux Britanniarum is a fabulous rule set. The last convention I attended, Hot Lead, in beautiful Stratford, Ontario, I played 4 games over the weekend - all great fun! :D

The quandary I now face is from an imperfect grasp of the Reinforcement mechanism. The rules state "A Lord who gains success in battle will find that, over time, additional followers will join his force. Normally this will be just two Warriors turning up to join your force, but occasionally a significant victory will allow the player to roll on the Reinforcements Table to see a completely fresh Group of men join you." (Pg.60) However, there is no provision on the actual table to roll dice for an outcome; reinforcements are allocated in a specified, sequential order and a maximum recruitment is stated.

The question is, do the reinforcements showing up in groups of two count toward the maximums on the table or are they additional? One is permitted to skip over a troop type on the table to the next in order but may not later choose the skipped one. When the groups of two add up to a full group of six does this constitute skipping to the first group of six warriors on the table and prevent a player from recruiting any troops that precede them on the table?

Please set my little pea brain straight. :?

JimLeCat

Re: Reinforcements???

Post by JimLeCat » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:56 pm

You are over thinking it - the table is just for those occasions when you score a big enough victory to get a whole new group. The 2 extra warriors you get from smaller victories are entirely separate from that, even when they add up over time to extra groups.

Cheers,
Jim