New Game Help

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

newt_e

New Game Help

Post by newt_e » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:33 pm

Played my first game last night, and invariably came across a few issues.

I was playing Picts, so started with 1 level 3 noble, 1 level 2 noble, 1 champion, 4 raider units, 1 raider cavalry unit, 1 skirmisher unit and 1 crossbow unit. In my game deck I had cards for the 2 nobles, missiles and the cavalry. Was that correct?

when giving out commands, presumably if a noble is with a unit and the unit is commanded to move, then the noble automatically moves as well?

Can a noble command a unit to move more than once?

Their the three most obvious questions we encountered.

Thanks.

john de terre neuve

Re: New Game Help

Post by john de terre neuve » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:21 pm

I have not played raiders but I suspect the same holds from Dux.

John
I was playing Picts, so started with 1 level 3 noble, 1 level 2 noble, 1 champion, 4 raider units, 1 raider cavalry unit, 1 skirmisher unit and 1 crossbow unit. In my game deck I had cards for the 2 nobles, missiles and the cavalry. Was that correct?
Seems correct, no cards for units just nobles but cards for missiles and and cavalry=4 cards. I am not sure about the skirmishers.
when giving out commands, presumably if a noble is with a unit and the unit is commanded to move, then the noble automatically moves as well?
If he is attached yes, otherwise he needs a CI to move.
Can a noble command a unit to move more than once?
Not the same unit, but can command 2 different units if in command range.

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:15 pm

Hi newt,
Welcome to the Forum and Dux Brit. It's a great game.

You should have had a Pictish Skirmishers card in your deck as well which activates them.

Your Raider units are activated when the card for the noble controlling them is drawn. Remember your Lord can command any unit but the noble only commands the units allocated to him at the start of a game.

A noble doesn't have to be attached to a unit to get it to move. As long as it's within his command range he can activate it. (It's easier to move multiple units if you put them into Mass Formation first.)
If a noble is attached to a unit he can move with them automatically. If not he can move independently 3D6" at the cost of one Command Initiative as John says.

No unit can be activated more than once in a turn. If a unit is not activated on a noble's card it can be activated as an uncommanded unit at the end of the turn.

Hope that helps.

John (the other one)

newt_e

Post by newt_e » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:50 pm

Awesome. Thanks for the replies. That helps.

Derek H

Post by Derek H » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:15 am

Archdukek wrote:Your Raider units are activated when the card for the noble controlling them is drawn. Remember your Lord can command any unit but the noble only commands the units allocated to him at the start of a game.
To maximise your tactical flexibility put the Noble in command of all the Raider infantry.
All the Lard News in one place - Lard Central http://www.netvibes.com/lardcentral
Pimping my blog - Dereks Wee Toys http://dereksweetoys.com/