Follow Up Moves and Zones of Influence

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Hugh

Follow Up Moves and Zones of Influence

Post by Hugh » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:19 pm

What happens when a pursuing unit conducting a follow up move enters another enemy group's zone of influence? Ignore the ZoI and chase the routing unit or, if movement allows, conduct a close combat against the enemy unit who's ZoI the pursuing unit entered? If the latter how many rounds of combat are allowed if the pursing unit already conducted 1 or 2 rounds earlier in its activation?

JimLeCat

Re: Follow Up Moves and Zones of Influence

Post by JimLeCat » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:11 pm

Hi Hugh,

I would say that a pursuing unit cannot ignore another enemy unit, so if they enter their ZOI, they must stop before leaving, as per p.40. However, the pursuit move is directly after the routing unit, so this will only take them into contact with the other unit if the routers have fallen back through the new unit or around them.

If they do hit the new enemy unit, then I think on the one occasion we had this happen we decided they fought two rounds, since it was a fresh combat.

Cheers,
Jim

Fian

Re: Follow Up Moves and Zones of Influence

Post by Fian » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:02 pm

Hi,

It can happen, we had a raid where the combat was happening at 90 degrees to a line of troops, so when the pursuit happened they would have had to pursue across the front of that line within their ZOC. Unfortunately I can't actually remember what we ended up doing.

Andy