Does anyone play this in my area?

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

AceFaceMod

Does anyone play this in my area?

Post by AceFaceMod »

Hi all :)

This is a period of history that is dear to my heart and I am quite interested in taking it up. However, I would like to know if anyone plays this in my area? I live in East Sussex, so would be looking for players in the following: Uckfield and surrounding villages; Lewes or Brighton; Crowborough or Tunbridge Wells?

I used to be a keen painter of miniatures, many moons ago and have recently felt the urge to take this hobby up again. Although I used to paint figures, I have never actually played any wargaming, with the occasional exception of Warhammer Fantasy Battle; but, as I say, that was a long way back - 30 odd years ago!

Thanks for reading this and hopefully there is someone, or a community, in my area who can oblige?

Cheerz for any replies :)

Adz the Mod (aka AceFaceMod)
Clean living under difficult circumstances.....it's a Mod thing! 8-) :D
DougM

Re: Does anyone play this in my area?

Post by DougM »

My apologies, but can I suggest you look on the Lardies Discord server? I would like to play, but as I live approximately 500 miles away I can't be of much assistance.
---------------------------------------------
https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/
---------------------------------------------
AceFaceMod

Post by AceFaceMod »

Thanks for the reply and suggestion, DougM ;)

I'll go have a look-see, Cheerz ;)
sjwalker51

Post by sjwalker51 »

Lardy Rich, please can we have a new “Lardfinder General” section on the forum for requests such as this? With so many new friends of Kenneth joining us, a dedicated section where people could post with location and preferred games in the header would be a great addition - Lard-Blendr, maybe (I had to look that up, honest!)
siggian

Post by siggian »

What about just stickying that Lard Finder map?
HardrivenRC

Post by HardrivenRC »

If it helps to find an opponent, I've made a table in Tabletop Simulator and am looking for someone to play it
Munin

Post by Munin »

Played a game with HardrivenRC this morning and his TTS set up is very nice!
AceFaceMod

Post by AceFaceMod »

HardrivenRC wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:44 am If it helps to find an opponent, I've made a table in Tabletop Simulator and am looking for someone to play it
Hi and sorry for such a time delay in replying to your post; I've not been on here for some time. Your suggestion sounds interesting, how do I access Tabletop Simulator?
HardrivenRC

Post by HardrivenRC »

AceFaceMod wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:26 pm
HardrivenRC wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:44 am If it helps to find an opponent, I've made a table in Tabletop Simulator and am looking for someone to play it
Hi and sorry for such a time delay in replying to your post; I've not been on here for some time. Your suggestion sounds interesting, how do I access Tabletop Simulator?
First off you need to have TableTop Simulator. Can be bought through Steam for about 10€
The table I made has everything you need to play except for the rules. Those you nee to get from TFL. The table can be used for all scenarios in the rulebooks as everything one needs to play is there including the scenery.

I'll send you a way of contacting me in PM.