Campaign Questions

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

pw4379

Campaign Questions

Post by pw4379 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:20 pm

Having just played the Tower Raid scenario a few questions.

1.1. The Saxons have just completed a successful Border Tower Raid, capturing the noble. What happens next? Is he just replaced by the British, does a ransom have to be paid?

2. If the Raid results points are equal presumably nothing happens on either side? i.e. no money is gained. How would the losses then be dealt with, as a winner or a loser?

3. If during a raid or battle a noble/Lord has a reduction in status level is this carried forward, or is it assumed he/she(?) recovers?

4. The maps have various markings on the for Mines, Potteries etc. Are these for decoration only? Is there a ‘key’ to the map somewhere?

Many thanks
Phil

TroubleAtTheMill

Re: Campaign Questions

Post by TroubleAtTheMill » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:12 pm

pw4379 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:20 pm
Having just played the Tower Raid scenario a few questions.

1.1. The Saxons have just completed a successful Border Tower Raid, capturing the noble. What happens next? Is he just replaced by the British, does a ransom have to be paid?
No - he's returned as part of the scenario - paying the ransom is represented by the fact that the Saxons make a profit from the scenario. (Yes, I know, the British don't lose anything... don't over think it :D
2. If the Raid results points are equal presumably nothing happens on either side? i.e. no money is gained. How would the losses then be dealt with, as a winner or a loser?
Same as for any other scenario.
3. If during a raid or battle a noble/Lord has a reduction in status level is this carried forward, or is it assumed he/she(?) recovers?
They recover between scenarios.
4. The maps have various markings on the for Mines, Potteries etc. Are these for decoration only? Is there a ‘key’ to the map somewhere?
These are explained in Dux Raiders.
Mike Whitaker
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Podcast: The Miller's Tale (see blog)
Club: http://www.peterborough-wargames-club.org.uk/