how do I become a spammer?

Your outlet for items not relating to TFL rules!

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

aphillathehun

how do I become a spammer?

Post by aphillathehun »

:o

There's a lot of it, so there must be something to it, no? I'm starting to imagine that there can be nothing in life more exciting than spamming. Posting and running and hiding - kind of like being in MI6 on the cheap I imagine. Where do I start?

:lol:

PWI no doubt....
agent_pumpkin

Re: how do I become a spammer?

Post by agent_pumpkin »

Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.
mellis1644

Post by mellis1644 »

If you have to ask...
Check out my painting/activity blog: https://mellis1644.wordpress.com
Seret

Post by Seret »

Step 1) Be a computer
Step 2) Post all the spam
Step 3) Go to Step 1

I mean, there are some actual humans collecting the paycheques in there somewhere, but I wonder what the success rate is? These days it's surprising they can even cover the cost of the electricity they use, but I guess they must. It's all about volume, and I suspect it's a relatively small number of people creating the vast majority of it.
IanKH

Post by IanKH »

Eat more Spam.
oozeboss
Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Australia

Post by oozeboss »

IanKH wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:10 amEat more Spam.
Damn - you beat me to it!

Quackstheking

Post by Quackstheking »

I got an email telling me to sign up for a weekly delivery of tinned ham.

I thought, I’m not having that - it’s Spam!😂😂

QTK
Baldie

Post by Baldie »

Quackstheking wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:49 am I got an email telling me to sign up for a weekly delivery of tinned ham.

I thought, I’m not having that - it’s Spam!😂😂

QTK
Times are hard with this troubling global climate, corny puns may just see us through so good work.
Interests

Getting slaughtered by a surprising amount of opponents.
7dot62mm

Post by 7dot62mm »

I wouldn't recommed anyone to become a spammer, it is incredibly hard and expensive work!

For example consider this typical spammer's workday:

First thing in the morning, you need to find a dying filthy-rich person who is willing to bequeath all his/her fortune to a random complete stranger halfway on the other side of the world, and who is also willing to contract you to find this beneficiary. Such people are incredibly difficult to find. Then, you must co-ordinate with the stranger, the dead person's bank etc. in order to ensure that the beneficiary gets his or her money.

When that's done, you need to contract a Microsoft team in Mumbay or Peking to call random people around the world and fix their virus problems. That's very, very expensive due to first-class technology experts and costs a fortune in phone calls alone and you need to coordinate all this work by email.

Then, you need to contact a financial services company in Hong Kong and arrange them to give free financial advice to hundreds of people all around the world. And you need to do all the emailing back and forth.

Next, you need to browse the profiles of lonely people in various dating services and cheer them up by sending them photos of other lonely people, of course their names and pictures sometimes get mixed up a bit. In order to speed up the process of these shy losers finding each other online, you must send them emails where you represent yourself as the other person. All of this takes a long time, but hey, you get to play Cupid and what could be better?

Then, you need to design and issue passports from any country to anyone in any country. This is difficult and requires an artistic eye. The amount of research you need to do (buy passports off other vendors so you can copy them) is stupendous.

Finally, you need to research and discover the cures for warts, AIDS, impotence and cancer, manufacture the pills and test them on yourself to make sure they are working ok. Otherwise your reputation as a medical provider might suffer.

The above just skims the surface of the difficult, unrewarding and unthankful job of a spammer. So I cannot recommend spamming to anyone. It's a calling, not a job!
George20

Post by George20 »

An interesting question for me too. From where the spammers come?