Boycot of TMP

Your outlet for items not relating to TFL rules!

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

richard
Site Admin

Re: Boycot of TMP

Post by richard »

It’s like arguing with the lunatic in the park who shouts at passers by. Whatever you say, he’s still a lunatic and he will still shout at passers by.
sjwalker51

Post by sjwalker51 »

But it does pass the time when you’ve missed the bus and got 20 minutes to kill. Trouble is, the global village has more than the usual proportion of shouty idiots.
Tomm

Post by Tomm »

Richard wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:33 am It’s like arguing with the lunatic in the park who shouts at passers by. Whatever you say, he’s still a lunatic and he will still shout at passers by.
MILLENIUM HAND AND SHRIMP!
steve_holmes_11

Post by steve_holmes_11 »

I'd like to claim hipster status.
I stopped going there before it was fashionable.
Toys R Fun
Herkybird

Post by Herkybird »

I like both the TFL community and TMP, can't we just agree to get along, its terribly sad that a few angry people can spoil forums for everyone!
Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Until this thread I hadnt seen it mentioned on here since sometime last year.

On the other hand it is on every home page of TMP in a big banner every day for weeks if not months and i guess some people are sick of seeing it. I no longer see it but Bills idea is to stir up posts to gain attention and hopefully more $ in memberships.....it may have backfired.

The last person to suggest let sleeping dogs lie on TMP ended up getting banned., after objecting to being dawghoused. Several people supported him and some left after being told Bills resons for the banning..

I just look at new product news occasionally and no longer read any message baords ....except TMP talk 🙂
Derek H

Post by Derek H »

Truscott Trotter wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:12 am I just look at new product news occasionally and no longer read any message baords ....except TMP talk 🙂

TMP doesn't do product news, it just does adverts labelled as news.

And TMP Talk is well worth reading for the laughs.
All the Lard News in one place - Lard Central http://www.netvibes.com/lardcentral
Pimping my blog - Dereks Wee Toys http://dereksweetoys.com/
BaronVonWreckedoften

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Apart from the "Humour" board which is actually less funny than most of the ordinary ones.
No plan survives first contact with the dice.
MLB

Post by MLB »

Derek H wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:27 pm
Truscott Trotter wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:12 am I just look at new product news occasionally and no longer read any message baords ....except TMP talk 🙂

TMP doesn't do product news, it just does adverts labelled as news.

And TMP Talk is well worth reading for the laughs.
Funny, I continue to post stuff there but I never look at boards like TMP Talk (just had a look now, oh dear, now I know why I don’t).

I fly the Lardies flag there especially in relation to CoC and I’ve never been told I can’t. In fact links to my blog reports on my CoC campaigns are now posted by the editors in the TMP Links Directory. Go figure.

I get a lot of traffic to the blog via TMP, so I think there are a large number of lurkers who fly under the radar and don’t get involved in most of the nonsense that goes on there. I post in the WWII boards but avoid the WW2 Discussion board, it’s completely nutty (recent topic was ‘What if Hitler was a Communist?’ 😳).

What I have had recently is a few people who have ventured into CoC because of reading the AARs. I think it’s useful having a presence there and as I’m not a Lardy I don’t cop any grief.
The Tactical Painter
Painting little soldiers for tactical battles on the table top
Vanth

Post by Vanth »

There is no consistency at all in how TMP is handled. I have been there for quite some time and I have even produced several workbench articles in the past. I used it to show completed commissions, then I have been told that I cannot do this anymore since I am not a paying advertiser, even though several people do just the same. As a side note, I asked him at this point to delete my account and remove my details according to the GDPR but he refused to do it. Following this, I notified the thing to the Authority for Data Privacy.
Vanth
"...there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in thyne philosophy..."