The Second Kharkov Campaign: May 1942 is Released

Your outlet for items not relating to TFL rules!

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

cstoesen

The Second Kharkov Campaign: May 1942 is Released

Post by cstoesen »

The Second Kharkov Campaign is released. It is availible on my PayHip store and Wargames Vault. I am working on a print version for Amazon.

The Second Kharkov Campaign is a pair of Pint Sized campaigns for the TooFatLardies rule set Chain of Command. The first campaign covers the initial Soviet attack on German lines in May 12th of 1942. It follows the advance of the Soviet 38th Tank Brigade and the 226th Rifle Division in their attack on the German 294th Infantry Division which was blocking the main roads leading to the city of Kharkov. The campaign has seven scenarios and involves British Lend-Lease tanks. The entire campaign spans a single day of this battle where the Soviets made significant gains and in many cases broke the German lines.

The second campaign covers the German counterattack on May 13th of 1942. Having released the armored divisions that were being held in reserves, the German 3rd Panzer Division pushed up from Kharkov and cut through a number of Soviet units. This campaign has six separate scenarios and covers the time from the 13th to the 16th of May 1942. This campaign has scenarios that may be played out with the What A Tanker rule set as well due to their armor heavy nature.

The third campaign in this book is a What A Tanker Campaign. This allows the player to create a map based campaign to move their forces in a kreigspiel type manner until their forces make contact, then play out the scenario using the What A Tanker rules.

Lastly, the book provides some sketches of other units and actions that can be used to create your own campaigns with. The maps are based on period maps from German and Soviet armies. Each scenario has a game map and a picture of the table that I used to game these out.

The PDF comes out to 105 pages and includes a short history of the campaigns to provide the player with a background on the action that they are fighting.

You can buy the supplement from here: https://payhip.com/b/5Mhv or on Wargames Vault https://www.wargamevault.com/product/28 ... n-May-1942
Chris Stoesen
No matter where you go, there you are -- Buckaroo Banzai
Nil Facilis Est
Truscott Trotter

Re: The Second Kharkov Campaign: May 1942 is Released

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Wow Chis looks fantastic, and great value for 105 pages.

Like the idea of the photos of the table too.

..and I now have an excuse to buy Soviet lend lease tanks!
Hmm 1942 Valentines and Matildas?
cstoesen

Post by cstoesen »

Thank you. It was great fun to work on.
Chris Stoesen
Nil Facilis Est
Sabaton1944

Post by Sabaton1944 »

Awesome job Chris. I just picked up the 1st and 2nd Kharkov campaigns yesterday. Can't wait to see if you do the Third Battle of Kharkov. I'm wondering if the Soviet side will have a harder time in the third battle when the Germans counterattack especially since with the crack units like the Grossdeutschland Division and the II SS Panzer Corps.
Sabaton1944

Post by Sabaton1944 »

Truscott Trotter wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:55 pm Wow Chis looks fantastic, and great value for 105 pages.

Like the idea of the photos of the table too.

..and I now have an excuse to buy Soviet lend lease tanks!
Hmm 1942 Valentines and Matildas?
Yes exactly. Well already have a Valentine III just need to add some Matilda's
cstoesen

Post by cstoesen »

Thank you. I have a paperback available on Amazon now but haven't gotten my proofs back yet to see how the look. Hope to sort that out this week.
Chris Stoesen
Nil Facilis Est
cstoesen

Post by cstoesen »

This is on Sale today on Wargame Vault. https://www.wargamevault.com/product/28 ... n-May-1942

The sale doesn't start until 10am Eastern on 9/24/2019. Also my annual birthday sale is coming up soon.
Chris Stoesen
Nil Facilis Est
Kustenjaeger

Post by Kustenjaeger »

Greetings

I notice that Wargames Vault has a sale of a collection of Chris’s Eastern Front material today, including 1st and 2nd Battles of Kharkov.

Regards

Edward
Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Having bought all these separately I can confirm they are great value for money as a bundle.
Tomm

Post by Tomm »

I'm dangling it in front of people... from outbreak onwards. We'll see if we get bites