podcast 20 discussion on historical accuracy of gaming

Your outlet for items not relating to TFL rules!

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Jiefu

podcast 20 discussion on historical accuracy of gaming

Post by Jiefu » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:30 pm

Interesting discussion, it seems Richards angle is very much driven by interest in history first. One view can be almost reverse. I'm primarily interested in collecting and painting miniatures, then I game with them, then as I develop an affinity with their little tin souls I get interested and read on on their history. So my historical learning comes from painting and gaming first, so any accurate scenario is something I'd become interested I after some time, or just as a fun game option.

Contrarius

Re: podcast 20 discussion on historical accuracy of gaming

Post by Contrarius » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:20 am

Personally, my journey was:

Airfix models > Airfix figures > wargaming > history > frustration with inaccuracy of wargaming

After 25 years in which I did no modelling or gaming to speak of, only military history, I’ve started to go back down the ladder, prompted in large part by the sheer fun of Lardy rules.

Nick B

Re: podcast 20 discussion on historical accuracy of gaming

Post by Nick B » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:20 pm

My journey was similar to yours. After 40 years gaming I've gone through the search for the holy grail and historical accuracy. Now I'm an old git I swing back towards fun with an acceptable level of acuracy. :D

With so many rule sets and scales covering all periods of historical gaming I'm just pleased to find some one who plays the same thing! :lol: