6mm Velikiye Luki relief IABSM game--Now with Command Cards

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

mluther

6mm Velikiye Luki relief IABSM game--Now with Command Cards

Post by mluther »

This was a quick and simple game based on the last ditch effort to relieve Velikiye Luki on Jan 9, 1943. I wanted to try adding Command Cards to the deck ala Sharp Practice (Sharpening Up IABSM) to see if that would give the players a bit more control over their 'plans'. This scenario seemed like a good one to experiment with, especially since I was the defending-pretty well immobilized player. Attacking Germans had 5 Command Cards in the deck and the Soviets 4.
Overall I liked the addition of the Command Cards, unfortunately having new players involved didn't really provide a lot of feedback.
Link to flickr AAR:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/6mmgaming ... 293295779/
Mark
IanKH

Re: 6mm Velikiye Luki relief IABSM game--Now with Command Cards

Post by IanKH »

That's a nice looking game. I've been looked at doing at 6mm WW2 a few times but I just have no idea where to start. I have a fair bit invested in 20mm and I'm not sure if it's worth a change of direction.
Baldie

Re: 6mm Velikiye Luki relief IABSM game--Now with Command Cards

Post by Baldie »

Do it the forum dares you. :D

I never really got 6mm, I have Epic Armageddon stuff but never classed it as 6mm it was just Epic.

Couple of trips to Joy of Six and eyes were opened.

Got some Rapier EAP which are great, then bought loads of Heroics and Ross modern Sovies and British to play Northag and Baccus 6mm Russian and French Napoleonics.

Seen several games of COC, Battlegroup and O group in 6mm but as I have loads of 28mm and 15mm thought why get more.

I am however really tempted now as I have always wanted a winter themed Russian WW2 force but thought I really did not want to do another load of 15mm escpecially as you need winter terrain and an opponent.
Getting a small COC and O group force in 6mm and a matching German force in 6mm with winter stuff is a manageable project particularly if I pick a force and collect just what I want rather than doing my usual hoovering up every fig I can find.
Interests

Getting slaughtered by a surprising amount of opponents.