CoC Bloody Bucket campaign (updated 30 05 21)

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Baldie

Re: CoC Bloody Bucket campaign (updated 26 03 21)

Post by Baldie »

Nice report and great looking game as well.
Interests

Getting slaughtered by a surprising amount of opponents.
Peter

Post by Peter »

+1 Baldie.
MLB

Post by MLB »

Once again the Germans return to Holzthum Village to see if they can evict the Americans. So far the Germans are finding dislodging the Americans from any of the maps a very difficult proposition, but their recent successes clearing Maps 1 and 2 has buoyed their spirits. Are they about to unpick the American defence of skyline drive? The full AAR is here: https://thetacticalpainter.blogspot.com ... io_18.html
The Tactical Painter
Painting little soldiers for tactical battles on the table top
MLB

Post by MLB »

And here's a picture:

The Tactical Painter
Capt Fortier

Re: CoC Bloody Bucket campaign (updated 18 04 21)

Post by Capt Fortier »

Another great looking game and exciting report. I think for most of us this is the first time we've seen this campaign played through, and I must say that it is proving a much tougher campaign for the Germans than I had expected from the campaign guide. I'd also not seen Volksgrenadier units in play much either, and your observations about their brittleness might explain why. Once the campaign is done, it would be fascinating to hear Dave's reflections on playing with this force, and his thoughts on best approaches and tactics.
Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny
MLB

Post by MLB »

Capt Fortier wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:30 pm Another great looking game and exciting report. I think for most of us this is the first time we've seen this campaign played through, and I must say that it is proving a much tougher campaign for the Germans than I had expected from the campaign guide. I'd also not seen Volksgrenadier units in play much either, and your observations about their brittleness might explain why. Once the campaign is done, it would be fascinating to hear Dave's reflections on playing with this force, and his thoughts on best approaches and tactics.
Thanks. Yes, good point and something we plan to do. I will also go back and include all of the moves and die rolls that we have kept secret for now so that anyone reading can see the full picture, particularly the off map moves by the Germans.
The Tactical Painter
MLB

Post by MLB »

The Germans are behind schedule and the pressure is on to capture the remaining four battlefields before time runs out. We are now at Turn 8 and the Germans make a second attempt to clear the Americans from Map 4 The Outskirts of Consthum, will they be more successful this time? The full AAR is here: http://thetacticalpainter.blogspot.com/ ... nario.html
The Tactical Painter
MLB

Post by MLB »

Here's a picture:

The Tactical Painter
Peter

Post by Peter »

A great report, and an unusual game. I always look forward to these reports. Thanks.
Peter
Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

An intriguing game - and really quite tense despite something of an absence of the human element - at least on the German side. Other than being in the relatively open countryside, it reminded me a little of the "bring up the PIAT!" scene from A Bridge Too Far.
Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny