CoC Bloody Bucket campaign (updated 30 05 21)

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

MLB

CoC Bloody Bucket campaign (updated 30 05 21)

Post by MLB »

I've been wanting to play this one for a while, there's a lot going on that makes for a very intriguing campaign with more than enough fog of war. Last year I worked on painting up platoons for Volksgrenadiers with this campaign in mind and so we kick off the 2021 campaign season with Bloody Bucket. I've put together a few preliminary posts on assembling the elements needed for the campaign and then some background on the way the campaign operates given there are quite a few variations to the traditional campaign ladder structure.

First up a link to the Getting ready for the Bloody Bucket campaign post. Here you can see more on the Volksgrenadiers and some additional terrain that I made. http://thetacticalpainter.blogspot.com/ ... paign.html
Last edited by MLB on Sun May 30, 2021 10:35 am, edited 8 times in total.
The Tactical Painter
Painting little soldiers for tactical battles on the table top
MLB

Re: CoC Bloody Bucket campaign

Post by MLB »

For some reason the forum is not allowing me to include two URLs in a post. I've deleted the link to the blog from my signature but that doesn't seem to make a difference, so for now I'll have to post pictures in a new post. Here's the platoon board I've made for the Volksgrenadiers.

The Tactical Painter
MLB

Post by MLB »

To help readers who don't have a copy of the Bloody Bucket campaign I've put together a background piece on how the campaign structure works so you can follow exactly what each player is trying to do. I know I have quite a few readers who are not (yet) CoC players and are unlikely to own the campaign but I want them to be able to follow what's happening. Hopefully it's enough to demonstrate what CoC and the campaigns have to offer and may tempt them to dip a toe into the water.

Here's the background post https://thetacticalpainter.blogspot.com ... ucket.html
The Tactical Painter
MLB

Post by MLB »

So, we've started the campaign but as anyone who is familiar with it will know the Germans have options to infiltrate between the various maps and so there are campaign turns where there is no action on the tabletop. Without giving away any major spoilers that's pretty much how the opening turns have played out.

Here's a relatively short post on the opening first turns https://thetacticalpainter.blogspot.com ... s-1-2.html

As there is much going on that neither side is aware of, such as the arrival of additional support, new German platoons and their movement off the maps not all of this will be revealed in the posts while the campaign is in progress. However once complete I intend to go back and add in all that extra detail so people can follow everything that was happening with greater awareness than that had by the players. So American support choices and allocations to the maps will only be revealed as the Germans discover them, similarly German platoon types and there movement to the various assembly points will only be revealed as the Americans discover them.
The Tactical Painter
Peter

Post by Peter »

I am looking forward to following this.

Peter
Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

You've set the scene beautifully for one of the more intricate/complicated PSCs, and one which I've not seen written up before, so... the popcorn is salted, the beers are on ice, and now we can't wait for the lights to dim and the screen to burst to life...
Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny
MLB

Post by MLB »

After a couple of turns with the Germans infiltrating around the American positions we hit turn 3 of the campaign with two assaults launched. The first is on Map 1 Skyline Drive and so we begin the fighting that will determine the outcome of the campaign. The full AAR is here: http://thetacticalpainter.blogspot.com/ ... yline.html
Last edited by MLB on Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Tactical Painter
MLB

Post by MLB »

And the obligatory picture:

The Tactical Painter
Dog who drinks paint

Re: CoC Bloody Bucket campaign (updated 14 02 21)

Post by Dog who drinks paint »

So happy to have another MLB campaign to enjoy!

Great start, but I'm guessing Dave has some surprises up his sleeves.
MLB

Re: CoC Bloody Bucket campaign (updated 14 02 21)

Post by MLB »

Dog who drinks paint wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:10 am So happy to have another MLB campaign to enjoy!

Great start, but I'm guessing Dave has some surprises up his sleeves.
I don't doubt it. I think this map is the hardest to attack, so was a bit surprised he even bothered to do it before he had armour, but I'm sure it all fits into a devious plan he has in mind. If I can keep dishing out punishment like I did in this last game then I'll be happy but I don't thing it's going to be that easy.
The Tactical Painter