Glider assault table, Chain of Command

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

JOHN BOND 001

Glider assault table, Chain of Command

Post by JOHN BOND 001 »

Since I missed this years CANCON due to last minute family crisis, I thought I would set up one of the tables that I had put together for the event and played thru the scenario with my gaming buddy Steve. follow the link for AAR:
http://iagsmgm.blogspot.com/2020/03/gli ... table.html

Capt Fortier

Re: Glider assault table, Chain of Command

Post by Capt Fortier »

A great account and accompanying photos John, and a spectacular table to play on.

I played Germans at CANCON and had a rough landing on Field 4 with a few men dead and a load of shock that made that section sitting ducks for my opponent's Frenchmen who got organised quickly and shot me to bits. (See image here.)

I had two gliders land well on Fields 2 and 3 (see here) and one that missed altogether! So a slow start and then I was too slow and cautious moving through the woods, allowing my opponent to rescue the civilians and get a few of his own sections away too!

But it was a great game to play - the 3D printed gliders were great and the whole feel of a messy, desperate fight was right for a 1940s game.
Capt Fortier

“Un optimiste, c'est un homme qui plante deux glands et qui s'achète un hamac.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

JOHN BOND 001

Post by JOHN BOND 001 »

Thanks Capt Fortier, glad you liked the scenario , its is challenging for both sides , excess Shock on the Germans does slow them down initially.
Nice photos,
cheers John .

Johnno

Post by Johnno »

I just discovered your blog this week and it is full of inspiring work.
What a beautiful set up!

JOHN BOND 001

Post by JOHN BOND 001 »

Thanks Johnno :)