CoC Blitzkrieg game part deux

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

l'audace

CoC Blitzkrieg game part deux

Post by l'audace » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:28 am

I wrapped up my game over the weekend. Here's turn 2 till the conclusion. Either side could have won. Literally down to the last phase.

https://jimsminiaturewargaming.blogspot ... 2.html?m=1

Thanks for looking.

Jim

Quackstheking

Re: CoC Blitzkrieg game part deux

Post by Quackstheking » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:57 am

Nice report and the first game in the There are Many Rivers to Cross campaign is very interesting.

You seem very aggressive with lots of close combat. If no softening up has taken place, no matter who wins the close combat it is usually very bloody for both sides and frequently sees lots of leaders die which is not good for either sides morale. Also if you are playing a campaign using At the Sharp End, losses will soon make your platoon ineffective. Even if you get a fresh platoon every game, then high losses and officers/NCO’s killed will see your men’s morale plummet with bad consequences for your Force Morale!! It won’t be long before high casualties earn you the soubrette of “Butcher” or “Mad Jim” 😂

HtH combat is best undertaken when the enemy is preferably pinned with high shock or is at a real serious disadvantage such as being attacked in the rear!

However it’s a great game and glad you’re loving it?

Don

l'audace

Post by l'audace » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:13 pm

Don, thanks for the advice.

I didn't plan on doing the whole campaign because of time constraints, but you're right. However, the first two close combats were Senegalese deploying in close combat to protect their deployment point. Now I know to be wary within 10" of a deployment point. My Germans gambled the Stuka would keep the enemies heads down.

The Senegalese were lucky those times and somehow never got a leader hit after their morale dropped to 4.

Jim

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:34 am

Yup if you are going to be within 10" of a JOP you better be within 3"! 😋