Westwind Königsberg CoC campaign (updated 13 05 19)

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Capt Fortier

Re: Westwind Königsberg CoC campaign (updated 13 05 19)

Post by Capt Fortier » Mon May 13, 2019 10:33 pm

Always enjoyable AARs that really do capture the spirit of "playing the period". This ending seemed spot on for a "bitter end" type of campaign, highlighted by a collapsing objective and desperate and bloody charges out of that barrage. I'll be intrigued to see what your accounts of the earlier bookend to the war might look like.
Capt Fortier

“Un optimiste, c'est un homme qui plante deux glands et qui s'achète un hamac.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Levi the Ox

Post by Levi the Ox » Tue May 14, 2019 1:59 am

Capt Fortier wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:33 pm
Always enjoyable AARs that really do capture the spirit of "playing the period". This ending seemed spot on for a "bitter end" type of campaign, highlighted by a collapsing objective and desperate and bloody charges out of that barrage.
Indeed! I've been following this campaign with bated breath, the reports from their playthrough of Road to Bremen was one of the factors that got me in to CoC.

MLB

Post by MLB » Tue May 14, 2019 6:12 am

Thanks to one and all for the great comments. These AARs are a labour of love that I enjoy writing (it's like reliving the game all over again - the good and the bad!), so always pleasing to hear they are enjoyed by others. Also happy to hear that I've managed to convey enough about how the rules play to encourage others to give them a try. While CoC gives a very satisfying one-off game, the campaigns bring an added dimension that takes it to another level.

We are going to have a little break before we start the next campaign but I am looking forward to trying something from earlier in the war.
The Tactical Painter
Painting little soldiers for tactical battles on the table top

DougM

Post by DougM » Tue May 14, 2019 11:33 pm

Hi Captain, unfortunately, I am no longer in Canberra, based in Scotland these days. I know Dave Turner at CGS is trying to wrap his head around SP2 for Maori Wars. If you drop me a message I would be happy to pass on his details.